Dumaguete Info Search

rice mill in the bacong/dauin/zambo area?

Discussion in 'Horticulture' started by kelpguy, Sep 25, 2016.

1. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    does anyone know of a rice mill in the bacong/dauin/zambo area? i'd like to get some rice hulls and the mill on the south hiway near senorita's méxican grill (in duma) seems to be closed.

thanks...

2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Yea you have discovered the general area. There is a large building across the street. The rice hull building is on the same side of the street of Senoritas. The actual rice mill is camouflaged to look like an old shack. There is a sign (Hilario A. Flores, Rice miller) I sent photo of to you on private messages, as it seem difficult for me to post photos on here. Best bet is to get into the area, and start walking form building to building asking if you do not see the sign, it is heavily rusted. Until you have been there it is difficult to find even when it is looking you in the face. Norm, you made a similar request in 2015, April I think in post or private message. I sent you a private message now with photo of sign and front of rice hull building, I had in my files from the previous search of yours. Good luck, they are very cheap, but break down quickly.