Dumaguete Info Search

Rid X

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by reedee, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We used to use Rid X for our septic system in the states. Is there such a thing available here? In 14 years we never had to have a pump out of our septic system because we used it. I did find a "recipe" for making your own out of sugar, cornmeal and yeast I may use if I can't find anything else.
    Thanks!!

2. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    In the Philippines there is an organic solution, name: cockroaches

3. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Don't worry

the ground temp is such that your septic will work just fine with out any help. If you feel the need just chop up a head of cabbage and flush it, better that Red-X any day.

4. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    ground temp

I don't think the ground temperature provides the necessary bacteria needed to breakdown waste in the septic system. I think I may err on the side of caution and toss in some septic cleaning treatment (either store bought or home made), just to be on the safe side!! The reason you need to add bacteria to a septic system is because we use antibacterials, detergents, and even bleach that kill the bacteria that would normally be present in the septic tank otherwise.

5. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    ppl here have been knows to toss a dead chicken in the lagoon or septic to get things going again also. Reedee makes a good point about the chemicals that might kill the bacteria.

6. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    A well designed septic tank has multiple compartments. Two for toilet "out-go" and one for sink/shower water. That way the "grey" (sink/bath) water doesn't kill the beneficial bacteria in the "black" (toilet) water.

7. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    septic tank design

:rolleyes:I would almost bet money that I didn't get one of those well designed ones, seeing as how much "corner cutting" they did when building our house. I am going to inquire, though about how many compartments and I also want to know the size of our septic tank. That would be GREAT if they put on one of those with the two different compartments, though!!:D

8. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    That is the way they are doing ours. They are actually going to be completely separate on on opposite sides of the house.

9. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    septic tank

My husband just told me they (whoever "they" are) mentioned something to him about 3 separate compartments in our septic tank, so I am thinking that what you said about 2 for the toilet outflow and one for sink/shower outflow might be what we have....WooHoo!! And he said that the inspector said he needs to inspect the septic tank more closely........(we are awaiting our certificate of occupancy). Guess we will wait and see what he says..........

10. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    My house in construction has a 3 separate units concrete septic tank. Builder told me that is standard...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.