Dumaguete Info Search

Riding groups in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Prime, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Prime

Prime DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    any touring group existing in Duma right now? or if there's none, let's get things started.. anyone? a group that fosters friendship and camaraderie as we tour our beautiful island and other neighboring locales.. most importantly, a socio-civic group that cares for charity/public service and promotes the use of proper motorcycle safety gear, most especially helmets.. let's make this group as a venue to express our knowledge about bikes and anything with 2-wheels on it..

underbones, standards, bigbikes, cruisers, MX's, scooters, mopeds should be welcome..

let's prove that Dumaguete indeed is the "Motorcycle Capital of the Philippines"

Prime

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    sounds like a good plan,
    ....that might be hard to find in Duma. But it would be great to drive with a crowd of guys and girls around Negros and having a good time...

cheers

Rhoody

3. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    I have visited Dumaguete 2 times and will be going back again. If there are any rides scheduled I would be interested....

I have a yamaha Tmax:

[​IMG]

4. paalao

paalao DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What are the prices for larger bikes in Dumaguete?
    Like an BMW K1200 RT?

Any links to shops with prices?

What would insurance cost?

5. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    In dumaguete, no chance to find BMW dealer,, sorry, a bit out of the market here. There are BMW owners here and Some nice bikes, Manila is your source for upscale bikes of large displacement.

Standard here is scooters to 125 cc, 150cc tricycle conversion motorcycles, and heavily used "surplus" Japanese 400-1000cc bikes. Hard to find one in good shape locally.

6. paalao

paalao DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So does this mean that the "riding club to be" have been to Manilla for bigger bikes or that they ride around on "Mopeds" in this temperature?:D

Still What are the prices compared to the USA pr say?

Just found this article:
    Horizons Unlimited Motorcycle Travellers' Stories - Richard Stewart in Philippines Motorcycle Tour - Nov. 2005

and the MC PI Forum
    Motorcycle Philippines - The #1 Motoring Enthusiast Community in the Country - Powered by vBulletin

And here it is:

Prices on bikes in the PI :smile:
    Motorcycle Philippines Classifieds - Main Index - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

7. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Paul, i'll try to reply to your question about prices of bikes...

It's NO comparison to the price in the USA. Far more expensive. Example: My Yamaha Tmax (picture enclosed here already) is about 520,000 pesos Brand new from Caloocan sales in Manila. That's about $11,300 USD using today's conversion rate.

In the states, a similar bike (the Majesty) is $5800 brand new. Prices in the PI for hardware, electronics, cars, cheese, meats, motorbikes, parts, etc are all FAR more that you would ever pay in the states. Hope that helps.

8. paalao

paalao DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, it does:smile:

The US is VERY cheap all over and have always been.
    Norway is VERY exspencive and have always been.

I would say the US and the Danish prices are complete oposites of the scale going from cheap to expencive!

I thought it would be US prices down there.:p

9. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Here's yet another example of pricing...

A 52L Givi box for my bike isn't even available here in the PI. The largest sold is the 46L which sells for about $330 US. I bought the 52L online in England and a friend is bringing it to me, cost? $270US.

NGK Spark plugs for my bike here are $11 each, in the states $1.99 at any Pep Boys or AutoZone. Caloocan sales charges $93 for my air filter. I bought one in the states for $26 direct from Yamaha. The list goes on and on...

Mark

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Ride what the locals ride and everything is dirt cheap. But if you want to go exotic, well it's agonna cost ya!!

Larry