Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Robinsons, do they really want to sell stuff

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by charlyB, May 18, 2016.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    Yesterday Robinsons department store lost a sale (shock horror) how can this be you may ask, the story is that when i found something i wanted to buy the serving girl took me to the cash register queue of around 10 people and when i asked if there was another cash register in use she said no, i told her ok i will just come back later (which really meant i am off and will probably never buy that now)
    I would like to suggest that Robinsons take some of the multitude of servers who stand beside you when looking at stuff and say socks sir when you are looking at socks or t shirt sir if you are looking at t shirts and train them up to take money at cash registers.
    I have never run a business so maybe my suggestion is way out of line but i think like most businesses here unless Mr Robinson is actually there the servers don't care if they sell things or not because their crappy salary is the same whatever the outcome. :sorry:
    Every cloud has a silver lining though as i did not waste money on something i could obviously live without :cigar:

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    At City Hardware I think they have a sales incentive program. Very few of the sales people are in their assigned area. Many of them hangout at the register waiting to swipe their ID card to take credit for the sale.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Just an addition! I went in there years back because my video camera died due to moisture. In behind a glass enclosure was one digital video camera and a fairly
    decent one at that. Told the sales person that I will buy it. I was told it was the only one they had and it was on display for to order only. I had to get a Manager and
    she also informed me I would have to order it. I pulled out my cash and told the Manager I would give her 1000 peso tip if they just boxed it up for me. So much
    for the display..... she had it rung up in about 60 seconds!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Another frustrating thing is when they have something I want on the shelf and they will not sell it to me because it has no price on it. So price it, I'll wait. Nope, can't do that. Have to come back another day after they got around to pricing it and by then someone else already bought it.

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  5. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    CharlyB, you didnt mention if any of the escalators were working to bring people to the second floor where similar non-performance can be experienced. It appears that having all escalators functioning similtaneously is far beyond the Mall's capabilities!

6. daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    Many, if not most of the workers one sees are 'disers' or merchandisers who work for the vendors who paid to have their goods displayed in the stores. Robinsons and Lee just rent the space and reduce their risk.

7. barryrio

barryrio DI Member

Ratings:
    +328 / 26
    Remind me of a few years back in cebu when I went into Robinsons Appliances after a high-end Samsung phone. Pointed out the one I wanted and told sales girl I would take it. "Sorry sir, I can't sell it to you". Why not, I asked, I will pay cash. "Because the person with the keys is on his day off sir!" Priceless - you can't make this nonsense up!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    I frequently have problems (not just) with Robinson's, concerning inventory control/re-ordering. Most retail outlets have stock managers of some shape or form, however, they don't seem to have gotten the grasp of when an inventory item is running low to re-order. (Dry dog food for example) and being told that it is out of stock. When asking when items will be back in stock, " next week sir", is the answer as usual, which can be literally interpreted as anytime in the next month or so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Monty44

Monty44 DI Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    THE ROBINSON MALL IS OWNED BY A CHINESE PERSON! THE WAY YOU WERE TREATED WAS A DIRECT SALES TECHNIQUE TAUGHT IN CHINA, AND OTHER COUNTRIES INFLUENCED BY THEM!! NOW THE CHINESE RICH COME HERE AND OTHER PLACES ALSO, TO MAKE TONS OF PESOS!! THEY DO THAT BY HIRING AND EMPLOYING ALOT OF PEOPLE, THEN DON'T PAY THEM ENOUGH, TO BUY FOOD AND RENT AT THE SAME TIME!! BUT SINCE THIS COUNTRY HAS NO ECONOMY, ANY JOB IS BETTER THAN NO JOB MENTALITY!! SO THE EMPLOYEES DON'T CARE IF THE CUSTOMER IS HAPPY OR NOT!! NOW IF THIS STORE WAS RUN LIKE AN AMERICAN STORE, SUCH AS NORDSTROMS ( JUST AN EXAMPLE ), WHERE THEIR FLOOR SALES PEOPLE, GET PAYED A BASE SALARY, PLUS A SALES PERCENTAGE, OR COMMISSION! THE SALES INCREASE EVERY YEAR FOR THE STORE, BECAUSE THE SALES PEOPLE LOVE ON THEIR CUSTOMERS, WHO COME BACK TIME AFTER TIME!! THEY ALSO CARRY THE BEST PRODUCTS IN THE COUNTRY! SO IF YOU BUY SOMETHING, IT HAS A FOREVER GUARANTEE, AND THEY DON'T LOOSE CUSTOMERS! MACY'S IS SECOND! BUT THE BETTER STORES ALMOST ALL PAY THEIR SALES STAFF WELL!! THE SALES PEOPLE IN AMERICA ARE THE BEST PAYED PEOPLE IN ALL THE STORES! BECAUSE THEY ARE THE FIRST & LAST REPRESENTATIVE THE CUSTOMER SEE'S !! IN MOST CASES THE SALES PERSON WILL MAKE MUCH MORE THAN THEIR IMMEDIATE BOSSES! SO THE OWNERS WILL PROMOTE THEM, TO MAKE SURE THEY DON'T LOOSE THEM! DON'T SEE ANY STORES IN THIS COUNTRY LIKE THAT! DO WE?

• Agree Agree x 1