Dumaguete Info Search

Robinsons mall expansion

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by DavyL200, Sep 11, 2018.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I was in Bdo robinsons yesterday and asked the girl behind desk of they had to move due to the expansion of the mall. Yes they are moving along with everyone along that outer edge upto the bingo hall so it seems.
    Its going to take 3 years to finish the whole project which does not surprise me the speed they work. I think sm seaside in cebu was finished in less time than that.
    Im wondering where they will add all the exra parking they will need! I doubt that has crossed their minds.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    That's a good point. Seems like every time I go to the mall it is harder to find a parking spot than the last time I was there. I wonder if it is the employees at nearby businesses parking in the mall and going to work. Seems more and more people every day have cars and they have to park them somewhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Coffee at Sans Rival mall has gone up 10% because of?

4. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    It does not matter whether it is the coffee @ Sans Rival or else. Each time I spend money on groceries, dining out, etc., prices went up. Inflation is really going out of control nowadays, looks like Du30 is not able to handle it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Inflation.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I didn't think they were expanding but simply fixing really busted up foundations from an earthquake from maybe 5 years ago or so. If they are expanding that will be interesting but I don't think it will help much if at all bring in anything new and desirable. I already thought they were biting themselves in the butt bringing in so many government offices when they really need a better selection of vendors.

Parking however is the main concern I see. I have NO idea where motorcycle parking is now even. They closed the back parking of motorcycles for more cars so motorcycles moved back to the front. They then closed the front for whatever they are doing there as well. Motorcycles right after that were completely kicked out of the normal parking grounds it seemed so I have been parking outside the mall off to the side a bit where a bunch of trikes are now gathering as well blocking that up more and more every day. Dumaguete is the motorcycle capital of the Philippines yet they seem to only care about the cars now which take up far more space and usually no more customers then would come in on a single motorcycle.

7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Considering they can get 10 on one motorbike then I think you are correct.

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Most of these cars are 2 adults with maybe a kid as well. Only a few bring in a larger family.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I reckon they might just fit 10 on one Bike mate. We had 11 Family Members not including the Driver and myself (conservatively I put myself at 1.5 people and I am sticking to that figure! :tongue: lol) on our old Tricycle where we traveled from Maluay to the Airport when I was going back to Oz in 2014... :biggrin:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    However, customers who own (newer model) cars and SUVs would tend to be more affluent with more spending power, they can bring in a carload of friends and relatives and ultimately use less parking area than motorcycles and they can go to places like the supermarket and purchase a week’s groceries or make larger more profitable purchases from other stores that have larger, big ticket items such as TV’s, generators and so on that are difficult to haul on a motorcycle. If I were operating a business that sold groceries or large, big ticket items I would certainly prioritize car parking over motorcycle parking. City Mall is most notorious for ignoring the parking needs of Customers in cars, whom they essentially force you to park on the roof and use stairs to access the mall since the elevators don’t work. You have the option to park illegally in a few spaces along the parking lot drive. The guard may chase you away. We usually don’t shop there. The larger malls in Cebu seem to recognize the advantage of respecting car drivers but Dumaguete preferences seem to prioritize motorcycles for some reason. I may be forced to buy a motorcycle for that very reason but am resisting doing so because I just don’t like those vehicles, actually motor scooters, not real motorcycles generally speaking, in which accidents causing physical injury are much more likely, perhaps inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4