Dumaguete Info Search

Robinsons Mall in Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    So November is here, and Robinsons Mall is supposed to break ground right next to Teletech here in Dumaguete. I will have to drive by and see if they have started construction of Robinsons Mall Dumaguete City :smile:

Getting a Robinson Mall here in Dumaguete will help us regular consumers a lot, there will be a host of fast food joints we never had here before, maybe even a McDonalds... can you imagine... a Mcdonalds In Dumaguete City :smile: I doubt Burger King would open a store in Robinsons, first of all Burger King is cutting down here in the Philippines and second I think Burger King has an agreement with SM Malls.

2. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I heard there'll be 6 cinemas at the soon-to-rise Robinsons mall...

3. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Hi Echir, welcome to Dumaguete Info :smile:

6 cinemas in the new Robinsons... I almost feel like running down there with a whip to get the builders to work full speed :smile: I can't wait to see this addition to the city.

I would love to see a list of who / what we would see in there, McDonalds should be given I hope... But dare we pray for TGI Fridays, Taco Bell or other of the big ones?

I see a big slap of sand down on the lot they are going to build on, but that is about it for now.

4. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    This is off topic, but there is going to be a Gold's Gym at the soon-to-be nearby Teletech. What I only hope is that they will open that to the public. Or will anybody here open a really good gym here in Dumaguete?

5. 2blackbelts

2blackbelts DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    dumaguete

I actually questioned in another forum about gyms, and I was told the Golds Gym will not be open to the public.

I mentioned opening a big, good gym, like I've owned in the states, and was encouraged to do so. However, I won't be moving over permanently for nearly three years.

2blackbelts

6. nead

nead DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It's good that i found this site. Anyway, I frequenlty pass by Dumaguete Business Park where Robinson's will soon be built. But what I only see there most of the time is ground filing i guess for the mall's foundations. Looking at it, it seems that the area is very very small as far as the sand foundation dimension is concerned, not even a single cinema can fit in. Although, I've been hearing rumors that it will be huge (probably the same that of Bacolod's) but then again, the area is very small. Will it just be a BIG R?

7. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Yeah I am kind of confused about that as well, that little slab of sand they got htere would not even be big enough for a parking lot. If that is the total size of the new Robinsons Mall then it will definately not be what we are all hoping for.

I hope the rumours about SM opening a mall as well are true too, competition is great for us consumers. I would believe that SM will open shop here too as Robinsons and SM are always following each other around :smile:

8. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Nead Welcome to Dumaguete Info by the way :smile: we are glasd you found the site as well. This is a fairly new site, but we are working hard on making it the best :smile:

9. nead

nead DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    before robinsons got that area, SM already saw the area's potential for a mall. bidding was done between the two mall giant operators and yeah, robinsons got it.

10. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Per information that I gathered from key people in the city, it will be a large mall. It should be as the area that Robinsons got is 6 hectares. One businessman said that the mall area will be 3 hectares, and parking area will also be 3 hectares. One top government official which I talked to recently said that it will be 2.5 hectares, with some areas for al fresco shops and and food areas. The rest of the area will be for parking space. But he said that the mall would be different from other Robinsons mall as it will be designed like the Silliman Hall.

With regards to the final size and what the shops that will be found in the mall, I guess we just have to keep watching for them as of this time we have no official information from the company itself regarding what the mall here would be like. But I would safely assume that it would have the shops found in Robinsons malls such as Jollibee, KFC, other restaurants chains (perhaps a McDonalds), banks, signature brands, Big R Supermarket, etc. Perhaps a shop for Sun Cellular, and at least four cinemas.

Both of them said that the mall will be 2 storeys high, which means that the gross floor area will be somehwere between 50,000 sq.ms. to 60,000 sq.ms.

Yeah, SM is seeing the potential of Dumaguete and I am sure sooner or later they would also build a mall here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.