Dumaguete Info Search

Robinson's mess

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Outcast, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    I just returned from Robison's. Traffic dowtown is relatively light, but robs has started inpsecting vehicles as they enter the front entrance. they have traffic backed up to the intersection to the north and teh school to the south. I wonder how long it will take these genuises to figure out this arrangement will not work when the traffic gets heavy. under their present plan they will have the entier south side of town in a gridlock before the day is out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    About the same length of time it will take motorists to figure out they can come in through the same entrance as the jeepneys with no heavy traffic and no security.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Also not letting motorcycles turn left to motorcycle parking, have to go all the way around the entire mall. Just how did that meeting go? Hey, how can we improve parking? I got an idea, how about send all 1,000 motorcycles around to the right so they can zoom in and out around all the cars trying to park? Yes, great idea, everyone will take longer to park because of the added traffic and only 20,000 (1,000 motorcycles each passing 20 cars on the way around) more chances a day for an accident. :banghead2::banghead2::banghead2::banghead2::banghead2::banghead2::banghead2::banghead2:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Princeton

Princeton DI Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 13
    I was able to turn left as usual on my bike...nobody said anything to me.Funny thing is the guy with the mirror on a stick only looks under the drivers side...hahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  5. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Gotta love the consistency hahaha

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There might be a reason they are increasing security measures. Just sayin'. :wink:

7. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Robinson seems to be having more than their fair share of problems or maybe they are getting exactly the share management has created.

They have six escalator units, with only three working consistently through the holidays. That is a management problem. When Lee Plaza can keep all their elevators working consistently then the national Robinsons development company has a local management problem.

The solution of having the motorcycle deal with the parking car on the loop road all the way around the mall was a design problem that is now a management problem also. My solution today was to park my motorcycle a "nose area" pointing out to the highway and walk in the drive. The decision made my trip safer and less time consuming. The only problems were the cars coming in the exit only constantly and the guard not noticing until it was too late and chaos broke out. I think the Mall is owned by Chinese as what I saw today looked like what we would usually call a "Chinese Fire Drill" escapade, including the guy with the shiny shoe and the mirror on the stick.

If you ever notice most cars park on the outside of the around loop drive. So after find a parking space and blocking the traffic trying to zig-zag into the park spot about 3 times, you get out of your car, and walk across the traffic lanes of drivers looking for an open parking space, not particularly looking at the pedestrians trying to get from the car to the mall. This is a basic design flaw, that could give someone the opportunity of a major lawsuit if they are hurt because of the poor design.

Soon the City Mall will be open for an alternate choice is shopping. So those on the north end of town will not have to put up with problem, Robinson's will get less customers and maybe traffic will work.

Remember after the new mall type building next to Ceres terminal opens, the New Robinson hardware across the street, the new MacDonalds with the"drive thru", and the large commercial building on the opposite side of the street is completed, there will be no need to try to drive that stretch of road, because you know traffic will not move when all the trikes are zooming into Ceres with little regard to other vehicles.

The problems of the design of the mall are certainly creating problems for the mall management team, but their arm chair solutions are not helping solve the problems either. Only experiencing the traffic on the street along the Ceres terminal after the new building are opened will make you wish you were still navigating the Robinson's parking lot. .:o o:

Did this post turn into a rant? :banghead::banghead::banghead: lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  8. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Easiest solution to this issue is don't go,send the wife. Why bother with all this stress and bullshit when you can avoid it :smile:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There is no real appeal for me to go to the mall. None of the cloths or shoes fit me and/or wouldn't be in a style I would ever wear, I suck at cooking (so I have no business picking out ingredients for cooking), the food at the food court generally sucks, the movie theater is usually full of annoying people on their phones, my phone is not produced/available in the Philippines so they don't have any power cables or accessories that I'd be interested in, all electronics are at least 25% more expensive than you can get them for online, the hand tools and household items are Chinese crap and anything you really need will most likely be "out of stock, sir". What's left at the mall for me then? Mediocre coffee? :wink:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Coming from Valencia it is a pick your battle kind of thing. If Hypermart does not have what you want do you battle mall traffic or cross the river market traffic to Lee Plaza/Robinson's.