Dumaguete Info Search

Robinsons

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by sfgb35, Sep 14, 2012.

1. sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Brought some weekend treats today, and was happily supprised to see that Robinsons and Lee Plaza have returned to plastic bags. Happy about that after loosing, some of my groceries, when the paper bag split on the way home the other day and almost crashing trying to save my corn on the cob from hitting the deck !!

Anyone know why the change back . . is it like the Helmet law ?

2. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    I asked the Sales Girl and she say that they will use up their stocks and then back to paper bags...

3. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Same thing the sales girl said to us today SimpleMind.

We've stopped buying wine and any cold goods as the cheap brown trash bags they were using can't hold anything in the. Cold good sweat in a hot climate and our bag busted open and all over the floor right at the cash register

4. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Time to byob (bring your own bags)?

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    I spoke to one of the food hall Supervisors tonight, ( Lee Plaza) She told me, that they are trying out a biodegradable bag just now as there have been so many complaints.( Depending on the Cost of the exercise they may have to charge for them at a later date.) however, I have to Admit taking your own bag is the answer. Just sometimes I may pop in to get a few things on the spur of the moment. ???? no bag, so this new thing is a little godsend. As OMW said, the paper ones were just total Rubbish. and no good if you on a motor bike, alone.

6. robgie

robgie DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    there are a couple places selling good bags made of the material that material for 50 kilo rice sacks. These are smaller and have good stitching sewed all around the top and includes handles sewed on. The only cost about 8 to 10 peso each, the size is about that maybe 10 or 15 kilo rice sack. Beto store in Valencia I bought a few and yan yan has them for 8 I thinkk is what i paid there. I put a couple under the seat and a couple in the car also. Bought some at the book store in Robinson ( red) with zipper made from part fish net too, was 69 peso I think. My sacks were ripping b4 got away from the check out had to leave it and go find sack, bags in robinson last week.

7. robgie

robgie DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Seen it made the national news tonight, Dumaguete City sack banning. I strongly dislike all the bags strung everywhere. So,
    Its a pain in the arse, but I will carry my own bags without a peep of bitchn.

8. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Speedy application of plastic bag laws

I was amazed with the plastic bag ban. One of the difficult adjustments to living in the Philippines is the application of laws. Many reasonable logical laws are written but seldom does logic seem to apply as to application of the laws. In a county which seems to have very selective application (enforcement) of laws, based on the officers provocative, who you are etc. It amazes me that this law has really been applied on the date of application and is observed by so many people and business. Why can there not be similar application or removal of other laws so you know what laws you really need to observe. This is not limited to Dumaguete.

9. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4

That's an easy one, the incentive is of course that they save money by not having to use Plastic Bags...

10. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    I'm all for and support a healthy environment. BUT, eliminating the bags and not providing an alternative is not viable.

Those VERY cheap and thin brown bags were torn apart by the time the goods were even inside them at the register. The Princess and I stopped buying wine and all cold goods at Robinsons because the bags can't support any of it.

And then they have the audacity to get a little tiny child-like stapler out at each register to staple the top of it shut. What and absolute JOKE!!!

Again, another decision that ends in embarassment