Dumaguete Info Search

Royal Cliff Resort

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by Ricardo, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricardo

Ricardo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I had the pleasure of staying at the Royal Cliff Resort recently and would recommend it to anyone wanting a relaxed tropical atmosphere with great food.
    They have different chalets at different prices we stayed in a simple room with overhead fan for 800 pesos.(these rates are low season)

The owners Arlene and Eric are really lovely and helpful I even negotiated a pot of brewed coffee at 5am prior to leaving the resort for the 6am ferry to Cebu.

Note here: In future I would negotiate a packed lunch/breakfast because the food on the ferry is.....poor.

The food was great for some of the dishes you need to order the day before but to others reading this even if you stay at other resorts its worth the trip to look at the menu and perhaps make a booking for dinner.

Six months ago I stayed at the resort down the road Coco Grove and whilst the rooms were bigger and they had a couple of swimming pools it was much much more expensive. The food was average in the restaurant.

My suggestion stay at Royal Cliff, use the dive facilities at Coco Grove(Sea Explorers).

There is information elsewhere on the site for contact details, the resort doesn't rent bikes (according to Eric they rust too quickly).

I am not related or in any business relationship with the owners, just think the service and food was great. No televisions or loud radios....so relaxing.

2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    thanks for the head up Ricardo.

3. docvill

docvill DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0