Dumaguete Info Search

Rude foreigners to be refused entry to the ph

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by DavyL200, Feb 6, 2018.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Visiting foreigners who are rude and disrespectful towards immigration officers will be barred from entering the country, Bureau of Immigration (BI) Commissioner Jaime Morente warned on Tuesday.

The remark was made after the BI ports operations division reported that about 74 foreigners were turned away at the country’s ports in 2017 for being “disrespectful” to immigration officers.

BI: Foreigners ‘rude’ to immigration officers barred from entering PH

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Good! Immigration officers should make a point of doing something slightly annoying when a foreigner comes to the window to bait them.

Immigration officer: "Sorry sir but it looks like your passport has expired."

Wait a couple seconds while pecking some keys on their keyboard. If foreigner starts cursing or getting angry kick them da fooook out! If they are polite or look confused:

Immigration officer: "Oh! My mistake, your passport isn't expired. Sorry, sir. Welcome to the Philippines!"

:hilarious:

They could sell tickets to the show and allow bets on which long nose will lose his sh*t. I'd make it a weekly event to go see that.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DiverTim

DiverTim DI Member

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +125 / 11
    Fall in line keep mouth shut, remember we are Aliens.

4. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    How hard is it to get through immigration? Give your passport, say "good evening, morning or afternoon" stamped , a thank you and then head to pick up your bags. Rarely do I even get asked how long my stay will be.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I imagine most of them are trying to get something they aren't entitled to. I bet a lot of those kicked out were due to them demanding to be given Balikbayan privilege without their wives present or not having an onward ticket (I was unlucky enough to be in line behind a man-child that thought the rule didn't apply to him and wanted to argue about it for 20 minutes :meh:). Instead of just accepting the rules for what they are and accepting that they screwed up or didn't properly understand the rules they want to dig their heels in and act like a little child throwing a temper tantrum. These baby-boomers are all "me-me-me" and can't accept responsibility for their own screw-ups. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    How would most folks get on a flight to the Philippines without an onward ticket (unless they have a valid visa)? That is normally caught at the airport or immigration before you depart.

I did have an issue once going to Korea as the whole LOA thing messed them up but it was quickly resolved with a supervisor.

Throw away tickets are cheap if you are not sure what your "real" departure will be. I've been traveling so long that it just seems common sense to me to have your stuff together.

Shawn

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Plainspoken

Plainspoken DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +325 / 280
    How about gathering up the ones that are rude to everybody else after they get in?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    ....isn't all that common.

In my experience it is about 50/50 for being asked at the airport before I depart. I have never been asked by immigration at my starting point if I have an onward ticket from the Philippines, or any other country I was going to.

About 1 in 4 times I am asked by Philippines immigration if I have an onward ticket....and they usually don't even ask to see it after I, politely, say I do.

I bet that would cause some issues. Never traveled to a country where my LOA or CAC needed to be shown to immigration. I have always had work visas or completely bypassed the country's immigration all together.

9. Plainspoken

Plainspoken DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +325 / 280
    I think the onward ticket question from the airline must depend on which airline. I have come here many, many times and have only had one airline, Air Canada, that did not ask me about an onward ticket when I checked in. I only flew them once, though. Of course I always come in on a one way ticket so that may matter too. As far as PH Immigration they have never asked me once that I can remember. I don't doubt what you say at all, it is just interesting that different people have such different experiences.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    It almost certainly takes less energy to be polite, thus generates less stress. So using more energy than is required (by being offensive) results in being refused entry. A pity that the human brain is so inefficient at times.

• Agree Agree x 4