Dumaguete Info Search

Sad News to be aware off.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Firefly44, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
  2. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Very sad and bizarre.. Let's hope they catch whoever did it!

Some are saying the girl had a premonition about death

"Dionisia Gallardo, a Grade 1 teacher of the Cansojong Elementary School, said a week before, she had assigned Ellah Joy and her classmates to draw a fish. Days after she was found dead in Barili, Gallardo was checking on the fish drawings of her students, when she found Ellah Joy’s drawing had shocked her the most.

Ellah Joy’s drawing had a big red fish swimming in the waves, but above the fish is a drawing of a girl on board a boat. The girl looked sad and crying."

:mad:

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Odd but True!

:confused: I am not sure we will ever understand children, we should because we were all children once, my Eldest daughter drew everything she did at school so tiny, We had many reports from the school that she was just not adhering to the lessons, After some time, we asked her why she continued to draw so small, She said LOOK DAD! and took me to the balcony, once there she said, look! there is a Bus, it is Tiny, so thats what I draw. We lived on the 14th floor of an apartment building, all she ever saw after school were things down there, small to her. Moral of this is, children are so factual, What they see, is what they draw, Makes you wonder,:( My Heartfelt Condolances and Thoughts go to the parents of this little girl.:o

Jack P.:(

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
  5. fallenviking

fallenviking Ring Ring. Who's calling?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  6. fallenviking

fallenviking Ring Ring. Who's calling?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Unsure!

:confused: FV, I am am not sure where this is leading to at all, it is without doubt, a terrible thing to happen but I am just not sure that, all, or any, of us foreigners are in for any problems in Cebu. Only last month, a Filipino in Spain, was arrested for murder of a young prostitute (15 years old) It does not follow, that all Filipinos (and there are a lot) need look over their shoulders there. I asked my wife today, if she had heard about this, No! she said, all she had read, was about twins in Switzerland, killed by their own father, due to a Marriage Breakdown. Do you think this Cebu issue is, or has, or even will be blown out of all proportion?

Jack P. :confused:

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Well, they have arrested a Norwegian and his fiance. Story on the streets in Cebu is they we buying an engagement ring downtown when the kidnapping took place, and have receipt with timestamp as evidence of their whereabouts.

Time will tell, maybe.

Larry

9. Brucewayne

Brucewayne DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    This isn't the first time something like this has happened here.
    About 3 months ago, a girl about the same age was forced into a van by a reported white man along the highway near Consolacion Town.
    Her whereabouts are still unknown and there are still no suspects that anyone knows of.
    Our lives haven't changed here, as this happens a lot in this area, but rarely is a foreigner involved.

10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Foreigner!

:eek: For the past 35+ years I have been a foreigner, some where in the world, it is always the same, if anything happens that is Tragic, disgusting what ever and there is a Foreigner any where around, (or black in some places) IT HAS to be them that did it. Many Studies have shown that in the Top % cases the Guilty party was known by the victim. In the UK ( I can only really relate to this ) the first arrest usually made or certainly severe interrogation, are the closest to the Victim, 2/3 years ago there was an Abduction of of 5 year old girl, Doctors child, they have never found her, This was in Portugal, this case has never gone to bed, I am in Albufeira (Portugal) now as I write and only to-day, were there more comments on it being the Parents. Muslims were blamed, Germans, Dutch and English, The Portuguese Police totally messed up and I don't think it will ever be solved, Had they not had this world mentality, of blaming the Foreigner and looked closer to home, the story may have been different. However, tragic as it is, I am still not sure that WE the Foreigner have anything to fear IF, we were/are not in the wrong place at the wrong time, If any of us are, then best be in the company of a local :smile: saves a lot of problems and finger pointing. I agree with both of you Bruce and Larry, watch this space as they say! :wink: I might add, that these things only ever make big news when a foreigner is blamed, we all know it happens every day somewhere in the world. With travel being as it is, there is always going to be a foreigner nearby. :(

Jack P.