Dumaguete Info Search

Safe room?

Discussion in 'Property Development' started by birdwatch, Jul 4, 2017.

1. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Has anyone built a safe room in their Dumaguete homes?

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Please describe what you consider a safe room. I consider my house a safe house with security grills and double bolt locks on all doors. However, some of you know our friend who came home one night and bad guys followed him through his gate and robbed him at gun point so I am not comfortable saying any home or room is completely safe here. Just be vigilant.

3. OP
    OP
    birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I know that this might be costly:
    "A safe room or panic room is a fortified room that is installed in a private residence or business to provide a safe shelter, or hiding place, for the inhabitants in the event of a break in, home invasion, tornado, terror attack, or other threat. Safe rooms usually contain communications equipment, so that law enforcement authorities can be contacted."

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think it would be a massive waste of time and money. There are places in the world that one would be a good idea but the Philippines is just not one of them.

And honestly, if I really wanted to get you out of your safe room or was just out to get revenge I would just light your house on fire and walk away and see if you made it fire/smoke proof. If you did well....you don't have a house now so I will just get you in your hotel room that doesn't have a safe room. :wink:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Genius Genius x 1
  5. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    To be honest I have thought of a steel security door for our bedroom, which is also off of our daughter's bedroom, one with a steel reinforced frame that is able to be locked from the inside at night. It is a straight line from the front door to our bedroom, so I would like a 'Bar Grille' Door, but one that you could point something through and pull something and drill some holes in those on the other side as they run in a straight line for the front door, if you get my drift... :whistling: We have decorative hollow block 'windows' that Papa reinforced and I KNOW from removing some when I did the kitchen that even using an 8lb sledge hammer and an angle grinder, even with a zillion holes drilled around them in the concrete, makes them very HARD to budge! :o o:
    So we have half a 'Safe Room' of sorts for now... :smile: But I do get where you are coming from, something that gives you time to wake up and deal with the situation is better than waking up to someone standing over you in your bed...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    I have a safe, SECRET

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Or that you can look through and watch them clean you out :smuggrin:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I thought I'm just watching too much tv.

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    WHY? a Safe us a safe otherwise it is not SAFE

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have been cleaned out before, started again, better than grappling with someone who wants to steal something that can be replaced... :wink:

But I still prefer the idea of pointing something at them through the grille then watching them s**t themselves when they see the flash and hear the LOUD BANG! :biggrin: lol
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1