Dumaguete Info Search

Safety first!

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Happy She & Me, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy She & Me

Happy She & Me DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Every year we have to take bikes and cars to a smog station.
    The smogstations should be given authority to also safety inspect cars and bikes, such as brakes working properly, that all lights and horn is working and also checking the mufflers dB (noise) and if the bikes and cars do not meet the requirements, the bikes and cars should be impounded until the owner have arranged for replacement to a "legal" muffler, bulb replacement and brake replacement, etc etc.
    Two major pollutions in Dumaguete, Air and Noise and it has to be stopped.

SAFETY FIRST!

My opinion!

Benjamin

2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Be careful of High Point on the north highway. I don't think it was the owner's policy because they were always good before, but one of the workers was going to do the rego for my wife. He did nothing and ripped her off for around P1,000. Fake papers and a face to face arrogant rip off.

3. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Why why why????

Why do you even think about, even for 1 second giving the power to impound and extort money to another group of individuals here that you ALREADY KNOW is corrupt and incompetent?

Go stand it the corner :mad:

4. Brucewayne

Brucewayne DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Here in Tayud (Cebu, of course), you don't even have to drive your car into the smog station.
    Most here just walk in with P1,000 and the papers/test, or what ever are taken care of for you.
    Most stations here have their own car they use to guarantee your car passes the test.

5. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I lived in Danao, I agree it's the same there. All car's fail even if brand new. so papers and cash prevail. Other than this time, the smoke test places here have been incredibly honest to me. That's why I don't think it was the owners policy just a crooked employee standing out front to greet and rip off customers. I forgot to mention the other employee was pissed off asking him why he was acting like that.
    Ron

6. OP
    OP
    Happy She & Me

Happy She & Me DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hope that is only YOUR opinion..... I have been treathed fair and well every time I go to the Smog station. Your thinking and acting will only make things worse.... Live with it, you seem to like it. Negative attitudes sucks!

Benjamin

7. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    You ain't in Rancho Pales Verdes anymore, Benjamin.

8. OP
    OP
    Happy She & Me

Happy She & Me DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am the same wherever I live and treat people the same whoever they are.
    Life is actually very good here in Philippines.

Benjamin

9. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    If life is so good here why do you want to change it. We are guests here and it is always poor manners to be critical of your host.

Kenny

• Like Like x 1
  10. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Benjamin, a gentle reminder, the majority of your posts make you sound like you think you are Mr. Perfect, rightous, and borderline pompous. Don't know you but I doubt that is really how you are, just letting you know how some of your posts are being perceived. Lighten up, we all have our flaws and opinions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.