Dumaguete Info Search

Saling Dinghy

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Fellow Traveler, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Fellow Traveler

Fellow Traveler DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    View attachment 9674 View attachment 9675
    FOR SALE, 10 Foot Spindrift Sailing Dinghy. 2 years old, freshly painted. I built three of these dinghies to teach kids in Tambobo how to sail. Recently we were told we had to move them from the property we stored/used them at. Also, I will be leaving the Philippines in a few months. So I am selling them. 2 are gone, 1 left - green. Comes with servicable sacolene sail and bamboo boom - needs new bamboo for mast. Includes rudder and daggerboards. As the pics show, these are great boats for beginner or more experienced. Can handle 2, maybe 3 adults, or a bunch of kids! Also makes a great rowing or power dinghy (no oars or motors included). I am selling for only what I have invested in making them (probably cheaper than you can make one today): P12,000. Contact me at:
    lobodoug (at) gmail (dot) com (sorry for the confusing email, but too much spam already. This stops the bots).

Or, text (English only) to: 09266852016

Attached Files:

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Those look very cool! Did you make them from scratch or did you use plans?

3. OP
    OP
    Fellow Traveler

Fellow Traveler DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Sorry for the slow response - for some reason the notice of a reply ended up in my spam folder.

These are built to the Spindrift 10 plans. I'm a boat-builder, but not a boat designer! I prefer to work with plans that have been built and known to result in a great boat. To build to my own design would be a crap shoot at best! I do, however, make some changes. Main one is raising freeboard 2" all around for greater load-handling and seaworthiness. The last one is still available!

Doug