Dumaguete Info Search

Siquijor Samyz Pizza

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by nipjap, May 20, 2012.

1. nipjap

nipjap DI Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Located in Siquijor, Siquijor, second floor building. For lunch ordered Beef Stew and my wife had the Hawaiian Pizza. Wait time was about 30 minutes. Only 1 staff on duty, but didn't matter as we were the only there when we entered. The Beef Stew consisted of about 10 pieces of small, cubed, tough beef pieces with equal amounts of carrots pieces in a orangey colored sauce. To call this Beef Stew would be like calling Gold Eagle Beer, the Philippine's number one premium beer. The Hawaiian Pizza wasn't any better. Thin bread like crust, topped with processed ham slice pieces, pineapple pieces, processed yellow cheese and if it was supposed to contain pizza sauce, I didn't see it nor taste it. The only positive review of this place, nice A/C.

2. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I have been to Sammy's a few times also. Breakfast is ok but always slow. They also served Sammy's pizza at Saladoong Resort when I was there (like a mini franchise, haha). Same as you described except mine had slices of hot dog sausage mixed with the other mediocre ingredients you described (maybe I had the deluxe version, haha). They seem to be a staple of Siquijor culture but I don't know how or why they stay in business. By the way, thanks for your update on Siquijor restaurants and resorts during your visit. I haven't been there much during the past year but I do love going there; clean and quiet; nice scenery and little to no traffic.

3. OP
    OP
    nipjap

nipjap DI Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Your welcome for the updates. Since my wife is from Siquijor, majority of our vacation time was spent on the island which gave us a chance to sample the various eating establishments.