Dumaguete Info Search

San Rival Cakes & Pastries

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by nipjap, May 26, 2012.

1. nipjap

nipjap DI Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    After reading favorable comments about San Rival Cakes & Pastries on the forum, we had to try this place, and we weren't disappointed. Ordered Iced Cappuccino and Black Forest Cake. That tall glass of Iced Capp. was delicious and refreshing, and with the A/C cranking out cold air, it sure helped beat the heat. The Black Forest Cake was a generous slice of rich, moist chocolate cake with a light whipped cream type frosting. The San Rival Black Forest Cake is just as good or better than the Red Ribbon and Goldilocks Black Forest Cakes we had in National City, Ca.

2. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Agree with respect to the Black Forest Cake (no experience with Iced Cappuccino) it really tastes delicious. Though for a contest you should try, but easier said than done, the Black Forest Cake, they sell in a bake/coffee shop named Cathy located in the barangay Isabel which is part of the City of Dipolog. I think their cake will even beat the one of San Rival. So should you ever get there don't forget to test it out.

3. darkside

darkside DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not to hijack the thread, but you wouldnt happen to be the owner of that red/black 1000rr I saw at why not last Friday?

4. OP
    OP
    nipjap

nipjap DI Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I don't plan on going to Mindanao anytime soon, let alone Dumaguete and you probably sampled both cakes at both places, so I'm going to take your word on it. Either way, the cake was delicious. Hopefully, people will stop by and judge for themselves.

5. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I agree with the comment about San Rival, but would like to know how they maintain their prices as the ingredients to make what they sell are expensive and always going up!

6. OP
    OP
    nipjap

nipjap DI Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Perhaps it's a combination of discounts for large bulk purchases of ingredients and volume sales at the shop. After all, San Rival is a very popular establishment.

7. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    My husband loves their lemon and lime meringue. Very good service and nice food!

8. jameswarnerme

jameswarnerme DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thats my favourate too, my sister shares the same taste.