Dumaguete Info Search

Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Travel Guide, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Travel Guide

Travel Guide DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Dumaguete is a beautiful place to visit and explore. One of the favorite tourist activities in Dumaguete is to visit Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries. Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries is a pastry shop where the popular Silvanas in Dumaguete are made.

For delicious baked goodies in Dumaguete, Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries is the place to go to. This pastry shop has a wide variety of home-cooked cakes, pastries, cookies, and other baked goodies. The old time favorites are the Sans Rival and its cookie version, the Silvanas.

Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries is located at #3 San Jose Street in Dumaguete City. The pastry shop is near Dumaguete's Rizal Boulevard.

Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries sells delicious, mouthwatering, and irresistible cakes, cookies, pastries, and other goodies. The Sans Rival and Silvanas are the house specialties that have been the favorite of Dumaguete residents as well as tourists.

Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries also serves Brazo de Mercedes, cheesecakes, Date and Walnut Decquoise, and many more. Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries has a cafe where pasta, coffee, and others are available. Baked goodies such as crinkles, mango bar, and varieties of cakes are readily available to be eaten in or took home.

Tita Trining Teves-Sagarbarria is the original owner of Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries. The pastry shop was first opened in 1977 in Dumaguete. Tita Trining, as she is fondly called, has a passion for cooking and baking. For every cake and pastry that she creates, her passion is evident in them. Her children inherited Tita Trining's cooking and baking prowess.

Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries' success and expansion came with the help of Tita Trining's children. At the present, Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries have branches in Manila and in California in the United States. The new branches have the name of the business changed from Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries to The House of Silvanas Bakeshop.

But in Dumaguete, the name still remains. Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries continue to be the town favorite through the years. It started as a tiny bakeshop in a garage that only takes take-out orders. As the years passed, the pastry shop has grown into a bright and homey cafe that offers dine-in services as well as take-out orders.

The Silvanas of Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries is the cookie version of the Sans Rival. Both products are made with delicious ingredients layered together, such as crunchy meringue, cashews, and rich butter cream. These two are always in demand by the customers at Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries.

The popularity of Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries has never faded. This may be due to the superb quality of the food that is sold at a very reasonable price.

Your visit in Dumaguete will not complete without tasting and bringing home the ever famous and delicious Sans Rival and Silvanas of Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries.

2. marky_mouse

marky_mouse DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i second the motion

3. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    True,we liked the San's rival cakes .But d*mn we haven't got the patience to cue up.Twice we were trying to buy cakes and there was long cue of people.We just bough few slices to bring home from Chin loong,they also get their cakes from San's Rival.

4. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I was just in dumaguete for a short week to visit Rhoody / join the DI meeting and jam and do a few dives.

I was with a cake monster, so I had to drag him down to Sans Rival which ended up being a semi daily stop for him.

I found a new favorite in there... the dates and walnut surprise - these are small soft cookies...

YUMMY !!!!

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Totally agree,but just getting them out of the plastic after a few cold ones is not an easy task...

cheers

Rhoody

6. bogs

bogs One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sans Rival Dumaguete, where to buy in Manila?

guys,

im just new in this forum and just left dumaguete yesterday. one of the things i missed was buying sans rival. do they have a branch here in manila where i can buy? other options aside from going back to dumaguete? :smile:

7. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    sans rival reply

They also have an excellent Dutch Apple pie,and My favorite ice coffee in town.And by the way,They make the best {at least in My mind} Lechee Flan..

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    bogs, only one way to go.... visit Dumaguete again

9. SU babe

SU babe DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    branch in manila is called HOUSE OF SYLVANNAS, located at EDSA SHANGRI-LA mall. same owner w/ duma sans rival. also has a branch in carson city, california, US -> 'house of sylvannas' for those in LA area. :wink:

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I was there in Manila and a frind brought stuff from there.... no way to be compared with SR in Duma, maybe the same owner but thats all....

or they had a bad day, I will give it another try when I am in manila in a few weeks, as i never make my final judgement after only one try...

cheers

Rhoody

• Like Like x 1