Dumaguete Info Search

school tuition/fees

Discussion in '☋ Education ☋' started by reedee, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Can anyone provide me with tuition/fees associated with the different schools in Dumaguete? I looked up St. Paul, and it seemed very reasonable for my daughter who will be in the 6th grade next year. Can't find any info on Silliman or any others. Thanks!!
    Marie

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Saint Louis Don Bosco is around 20k plusplus (meaning books, uniforms etc.)

3. moirasmom04

moirasmom04 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I have a 5 year old daughter whose in Kindergarten here in California and we are looking at the possibility of moving to Dumaguete this year. Could you please give me some information on elementary schools, specifically for 1st grade? Any information would be highly appreciated!

Thank you!

4. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Silliman is upper 20s plus plus as Rhoody says...

5. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    In Silliman they must take a placement test to see if they are even accepted,that is unless you work for the university then tuition and placement test is waived. Some of my children who schooled here also attended Holy cross(not bad can learn chinese) Citidini taught by Nuns better than Don Bosco taught by priests especially if you have boys (No offence but I grew up in catholic scholls in Boston and the Bronx) Montessori (Crap in my opinion) Royal oaks. One of my sons seems to like it there. Foundation university elementary/high school whe my youngest daughter goes seem to be the best with minimal dance/parade/religion and church practice. grade 4 about 20k but less hidden fees than the other schools. Just my 2 centavos worth (Or 2 million in school fees over the last 15 yrs)

6. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    There are a multitude of schools to choose from here since the city is also known as a "University Town" apart from it being called "The City of Gentle People". It actually depends on what you're looking for. If you want a school with almost the same system as your schools there, then I think Silliman University and Montessori schools would suit this need. If you're looking for a school with lots of discipline and teaching of values, then you can consider the many Catholic schools here like St. Paul University, Catherina Cittadini, St. Louis School Don Bosco, ABC Learning Center, Holy Cross, and many more. Tuition fees are more or less the same, around 20k plus. Anyway, you don't have to pay the whole amount upon enrolment. You need a down payment, then pay the balance monthly until the end of the school year.

7. c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    in my opinion, Foundation University is a good school...As far as info from other people i have met, their elementary and secondary schools are managed by a Canadian citizen who holds the same position from where he was from. Its quite remarkable and also, they have this policy "uncompromising, personalized attention"..it works well with students as they know, their welfare comes first..

just my thought..

8. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    I agree with you totally. My daughter goes there and she loves it:smile:
    As far as Montesorry..........Well thats a whole new thread in itself

9. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Think personalized attention is a bit difficult to get nowadays as most classes have teacher: pupil ratio of around 1:30-40+ per class. Of the two schools I do know of, Silliman HS has that ratio, but Holy Cross has about 1:20-25, a more manageable size, IMHO.:smile:

10. c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    well, believe it or not, Foundation University does really cater to the needs of the students first, even before the teacher's..i should know, im a product of that school :smile:....I have been to previous school when i was in college, but i have graduated in that school...and for me, they have a good program on how to deal with students...since its none sectarian, there are minimal religious activity..and if i remember it right, i have never attended a class there thats more that 35 students...

teachers at FU are more approachable and they find ways for students to double up on schoolwork if they know that the student is failing...also, the free time, which is around 3 pm everyday (for college students) gives the students time to do school activities without having to do it in the evening or weekends..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.