Dumaguete Info Search

Schools in Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by grindven_cruz@yahoo.com, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grindven_cruz@yahoo.com

grindven_cruz@yahoo.com DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dear,

Might possibly move to Dumaguete in 2009. Need to know if there are good English schools for my kids aged 14 and 13.
    They are currently following the IG/IB program of an international school in Hanoi - Vietnam.

Thanks for any information or references..

2. lordkhryst

lordkhryst DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dumaguete: the best place for your kids

Hi,

Dumagute City have Silliman University who TOP the standards on education and some schools now are really dedicated on improving the quality of teaching... If you ask me, Dumaguete is the safest place for your kids...
    and one more thing, if your kids need tutorials try KUMON its an institution here in Dumaguete with different approach for individual teaching... Id say they did a great job with my nephews. My nephews are now so advanced I even sometimes get left behind with their analytical/logical thinking... and one of them 11 years of age now trying to write a fictional book...

(PX: ‘No Therapeutic Claims’ ) :wink:

3. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Silliman has a highschool as well can anybody tell me if that is the best highschool in town? I did a check on the high schools availble and I think there are about 7 total. We will likely need to enlist a 13 year old in 2009 as well and I want to make sure it is the best school availble.

4. lordkhryst

lordkhryst DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes it is... Silliman U. is the best school in whole Visayas region or even belong to top 5 in the philippines.

5. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Long Live, Silliman U...
    Bwaaahhh...I miss my Alma Mater!

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    maybe I hurt some Sililmanians, but if you have a choice and are not assigned to Dumaguete and Money is NOT an issue bring your kids to a good international school in Manila. some schools here in Duma think they are way better than others... maybe true, but still has nothing to do with international standart.... unless "domestic helper" and nurse abroad are enough for your kids...

7. Gene

Gene DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi Grindven;
    To have a child educated on the International Standard in the Philippines, the Primary Education should start from Kindergarteen to Grade 7 and Secondary School from Grade 8 to Grade 12 otherwise, the child education from the Philippines would need at least 2nd year college to obtain a grade 12 equivalent abroad at least in North American Standard.

8. OP
    OP
    grindven_cruz@yahoo.com

grindven_cruz@yahoo.com DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Schools in Dumaguete

Thanks for the info and suggestions so far. Any link or addresses directly to the schools.
    When possible we would like the kids to supplement the school with an IB program by ourselves or with a tutor... Any experience on that.
    I didn't quite understand what KUMON stands for...
    A bit new to the forum, pease bear with me..

Marco

9. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    KUMAN is a tutoring method of math and reading developed in Japan but which has become an international franchise found even in the US and Canada. Kuman.com will tell you more than you may need to know and there is a franchise directory. While the school year and class time is longer in the PI I have personally seen evidence that additional tutoring would be necessary whether you pay for it or have the time to do it yourself but definitely worth the effort.

10. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Sorry thats KUMON.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.