Dumaguete Info Search

Sea(Kayaking) in the Philippines

Discussion in 'Other Destinations in the Philippines' started by COBBER, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COBBER

COBBER DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Second attempt

2. OP
    OP
    COBBER

COBBER DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Most of the people on this Thread are active divers. But as kayaking is also a watersport i put it overhere.

As you know the Philippines has many Islands and seas. And a lot of people are diving in those beautiful waters.
    So how come there are no active (sea)kayakers.
    Is it because it is unknown, or think the sport it is to dangerous.

Just like with diving, it's about safety.
    You have to train and get more skilled.
    -paddletechniques
    -rescue
    -navigation
    -seamanship
    Those are inportant to enjoy paddling on big waters/seas.
    And I can tell you it's rewarding when you paddled for many hours and can set up camp on a Island.

Are there people active with kayaking in the Philippines?? I do not mean K1, but more seakayakers, who look for adventure and are going, or want to go around.

Jörgen

3. jesusitshot

jesusitshot DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    There is a guy from Norway in Landing, Catarman, Liloan Cebu (North of Cebu City) that makes d*mn good Kayak boats locally. He can't find much of a market here but sends them back to his home land. (Mr. B Maidison?)

See map....

[​IMG]

There is not many people that get involved in Kayaking I think its to do with the scarce supply of the boats but however you can buy them in Cebu. Sorry I don't have more information other than supplied

4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thought a kayak was a canoe, even ocean canoe. just goggled ocean kayak
    they're made of plastic like materials. they look cool might be interested in
    perusing one's adventure in water sport, once I am retired in the Phils :smile:

Jim.

5. jesusitshot

jesusitshot DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The map link does not work sorry anybody needs to know where the kayaks can be obtained please send me an email from DI. This is not any form of advert but a response to the fact that Kayaks are hard to get hold of in the Philippines and I use to love Kayaking myself once upon a time they are great in white water.

6. OP
    OP
    COBBER

COBBER DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

I have been looking a little bit around and I found in Bohol some kayakers.
    Seems they build there own boats as well.
    For the rest it's all sit-on kayaks, that can be rented in Resorts etc...but these are not suitable for weeks/motnhs paddle adventures.

So the only thing you can do is take in with you into the Philippines.
    But as I find out earlier, transport is expensive and a folding kayak is not suitable for me, as i am not that careful.

Jörgen

7. camote

camote DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Please send me the contact adress of this person. I m interessted in the kayaks. I cant send you a private message i dont no why?
    Thanks a lot camote

8. jesusitshot

jesusitshot DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I do not have contact details but I do know that the company is called sea worthy. Also the directions to get there.

Head north on the national highway from Cebu city for 15k when you reach Liloan your see a turning to the right where there is a miniature copy of of the famous liloan lighthouse. Turn right towards Catarman, go over the bridge that crosses the lagoons channel to the sea round bend, your see a long corrugated iron fence shortly after there is a track crossing the road turn left. Continue down the track for 800 meters or so to the next cross road. Turn right continue following the track through the village of Landing your arrive at a sharp bend to the left continue down the track sea ward. there at the next junction turn right follow the track down pass a beautiful property called "Le Jardin le Rose" on the seaward side of the track. The next property is the one you are after and next property is the small boat factory.

Sorry I don't have any further information as I am not in contact with the owner, but I know the guy is still producing boats in that area and they are really good products nothing shoddy.
    My email is jesusitshot@gmail.com

9. whtrahonky

whtrahonky DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kayak for sale

Why NOt has a Hobie kayak on the board for sale for 37000 To much for me but rode one and it was nice sat high on water and very stable.

10. RALPHHOGAN

RALPHHOGAN DI Member

Diver
    Ratings:
    +32 / 1
    In the next week I will be making an order for some Hobie Kayaks from Mike at Adventure Dive Shop. There are currently 2 models in stock: The Lanai at 34k pesos and the Kona which costs 57k. Hobie's may cost a little more but they are far better quality that the one's I saw in the mall over in Cebu. If anyone wants to combine our orders it would save big on shipping since those are Manila prices that I quoted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.