Dumaguete Info Search

Sibulan Seeking budget apartment Dumaguete/Sibulan

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by DumagueteJohn, Dec 16, 2013.

1. DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello to the forum!
    I'm having a heck of a time finding any listings for budget apartments in/near Dumaguete.
    I want to move from Angeles City a month or two from now, my current rent in Angeles is 5K per month, I must also pay electricity here.
    I contacted a realtor in Dumaguete, even he did not have any such listings, but I know there must be a budget apartment market there.
    Any suggestions?
    John

2. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    5k is on the low end but you will find something close to that unfurnished

3. OP
    OP
    DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's encouraging to hear Brian, thank you.
    I travel light and can live comfortably even in an unfurnished apartment for a little while.
    My girlfriend grew up sleeping on the floor, and even now when she naps, she often naps on the floor by preference, even without a pillow.
    I did not grow up sleeping on the floor, but have learned to sleep comfortably on the floor.
    We travel with utensils and a small hotplate.
    So that is good news that budget apartments do exist out that way.
    Thanks again,
    John

4. shadowclimber

shadowclimber DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi John,

I am moving out of my apartment. I am paying 5K which includes the electricity use.. The house is unfurnished. It is tw0 storey. First floor have tiled floor. Bathroom is also tiled. Kitchen is also tied. It is actually a nice house. It is located in Candau-ay, a bit far from the town itself but it is still within city limit. If interested, you may contact the owner's through this number 09068265153

5. OP
    OP
    DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Shadowclimber, thank you so much for that info. That apartment is exactly the kind and price and location that I am looking for. I cannot move until February, but in any case, I have the number you provided and I will ask further with whomever owns that number.
    Best wishes,
    John

6. OP
    OP
    DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Shadowclimber, when are you moving out of that apartment? And, is there easy access to the town proper via jeepney ? I texted the owner, still waiting for a reply. Thank you.

7. San Miguel

San Miguel Ring Ring. Who's calling?

Ratings:
    +5 / 2
    I will be renting a furnished apartment with party room and bar contact me at berovic@aol.com. Mike

8. shadowclimber

shadowclimber DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Hi John, I already moved out of the house.. It is currently vacant.. The number I gave you is Landlord's son. In case he replied, just set up a meeting with his old man. The old man is still the decision-maker but he do not have mobile phone.

The location is ideal if you have your own bike or car. There is no jeepney passing by but there are pedicabs or tricycle. Commuting fare going to town is Php14.00 only..

What I like about that house is that:
    - you have your own parking area
    - the house is enclosed with your own gate.
    - you still have room around the house for plants or vegetable
    - it is along the road
    - free cable TV
    - good signal reception on my globe wimax
    - few neighbors (which I like so less chizmiz)
    - the weather is colder than the city itself
    - the house is big enough and fairly new (I am the first to rent actually, and I spent only a year in it)

If you went to the city, a ROOM will cost around 3,500 to 4,500... and it is only a room...

The only setback is that there are no jeepney's (or "easyride" as the locals call it) plying on that area.

regards,
    shadowclimber

9. OP
    OP
    DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Shadowclimber, thank you. I communicated with the owner's son, he checked with his dad. I was up front and told them one or two months max, they declined. They are looking for someone for a longer term. Sounds like a sweet place though!
    "chizmiz", never heard that one, but from the context, I think I know exactly what it means, and I don't want any chizmiz either :smile:
    John

10. OP
    OP
    DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    San Miguel, thank you. I received your PM, tried to reply, it did not work. Tried a second time, the PM did not take. Tried a third time, the PM did not work. Tried to send u a text, hope u received it! Thanks Mike.