Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness Seeking Patient Advocate/Lawyer to help me negotiate massive Hospital Bills

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Rodneyemr, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Rodneyemr

Rodneyemr DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Does anyone know of someone who represents patients to protect their interests when dealing with hospitals? Our newborn son will be in ICU for 2-3 months and the hospital is already padding the bill with erroneous charges. I would like to hire someone competent in this field to protect me. Under normal circumstances, I could probably do it myself, but I am totally focused on my son (the patient). If there is no specialize patient advocate here, I would be willing to hire a lawyer, if I could find one I can trust. Recommendations are greatly appreciated.

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I don’t have a name to give you but we wish you the best in getting your son’s health taken care of and the finances sorted out.

3. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    You could start with the Ombudsman above Union Drug in the DTI office. Just go up the stairs located between U Drug and BPI, his desk is the first on the left

4. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    I was told recently the attorney on the 2nd floor? of the aisle running behind Steds and the Shell station is a good guy.

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Second Opinion?

When this type of thing happened to a nephew of mine, we told the Hospital, that we would seek a Second Opinion, on the Diagnosis and related costs.
    You would be surprised at the reaction we were given. Things soon got sorted. Especially, when the word Lawyer was mentioned.

Meeting the Hospital head on, sometimes gets results beyond, your dreams

Just a thought.

JP

BTW, the second Opinion was never needed. What ever happens Azon and I, wish you all the very best in all this. We know, what you must be going through.