Dumaguete Info Search

Seems like bacolod are getting their act together

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by DavyL200, Mar 28, 2017.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Licenses of 277motorcycle drivers were seized in Bacolod City yesterday for driving without helmets.

Police stations 1 to 9 confiscated 251 drivers’ licenses, and the Bacolod City Traffic Authority Office, Traffic Management Unit, Land Transportation Office and Highway Patrol Groupseized 26, Supt. LuisitoAcebuche, BTAO head, said.

The strict implementation of the “No Helmet” policy kicked off yesterday. It was an offshoot of findings that the majority of motorcycleaccident fatalities were caused by severe head injuries.

BTAO records show that of the 372 recorded motorcycle-related accidentslast year, 272 showed that the victims were not wearing helmets.

The violators will be fined P300 for first offense, P500 for the second and P1,000 for the third based on City Ordinance 535,Acebuche said.

Aside from the seized drivers’ licenses, the authorities also impounded 25 motorcycles, whose drivers failed to present drivers’ licenses and official certificates of registrations, Acebuche said.

If one is caught without a license, he or she will be fined P1,000 plus P300 for not wearing helmets. Owners of vehicles impounded at the BTAO will also have to pay a P100 storage fee per day, he added.

Meanwhile, Acebuche is also investigating two alleged traffic enforcerscaught without helmets while riding on a motorcycle, in a video posted onFacebook yesterday.

Once identified, they will be suspended for a month, Acebuchesaid.*SGG
    DAILY STAR: Top Stories

• Like Like x 2
  2. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    "The strict implementation of the “No Helmet” policy kicked off yesterday. It was an offshoot of findings that the majority of motorcycleaccident fatalities were caused by severe head injuries."

Actually if they look again I am sure they would find the majority of motorcycle accident fatalities were caused by idiots that should not be driving in the first place, drunk, no lights, no mirrors, not looking before pulling out, not caring if there is room for passing....

• Agree Agree x 12
  3. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Can't wait for this to begin in Dumaguete, and I hope it comes in full swing, especially if the Police realise the extra revenue helps them in a round about way, should lessen the traffic problems a lil when it thins out the herd :biggrin:

4. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I'll believe it when I see it, here in Dumaguete...

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    As people have mentioned before its all about politics and votes!

6. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I think we would be better served by vehicle safety equipment than personal safety. Lights and mirrors to see and be seen, working mufflers instead of straight pipes so not to choke you to death and scare the crap out of other drivers causing erratic responses (not to mention plain old annoying). Reducing accidents benefits everyone, being able to breathe and not having our eardrums explode helps everyone, giving idiots a false sense of security wearing a helmet so they drive even worse is no help at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I rode a bike for 8 years and had only the one accident, luckily I changed my Bell Helmet for a Shoei Helmet the weekend before my accident, that Helmet saved my life. I ALWAYS wore protective clothing, Leather jacket, gloves, boots, jeans etc and doing that saved me from more injuries I would have otherwise sustained. I many times heard bikers say; "A Biker is only worth the helmet he puts on his head" and couldn't agree more. I just WISH my Wife would wear a Helmet and make our Daughter wear a helmet but she point blank refuses to wear the helmets I bought for them, PISSES me off knowing how STUPID one is for not wearing a helmet! :mad: The sooner the better as far as I am concerned to enforce this law here!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Welcome to the nanny state. $0 helmet for a $0 head. If a person does not care enough to protect their own head then the government should not be stepping in to hold their hand. Let the retards ride without helmets if they like, focus more on the things that provide safety and protection for other drivers (rearview mirrors, turn signals, proper headlights/break lights, license and registration). We are stopping evolution from taking place and allowing the stupid to thrive.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. barkada

barkada DI Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    When I was in Bacolod a few weeks ago I noticed that there were more people riding without helmets. Years ago it was unusual to see anyone without one. Guess people just need a wake up every so often.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yup, that is what I was trying to say.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1