Dumaguete Info Search

sendong destruction in malaunay valencia

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by c_rymz, Dec 28, 2011.

1. c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    this is now malaunay, valencia...heart breaking :(

Attached Files:

2. guitarjohnjohn

guitarjohnjohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks from mee 2, and yes it is indeed tragic--john lennen

3. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    My wife and I looked at some lots some months back in Valencia to build our retirement home. I don't mean in a subdivision, but more rural. I am geographically challenged, but it was near the Duma/Valenicia border on a main road. There were several new houses(foreign owned I am sure) directly on this main road. I think a Church near also. I loved the area for many reasons. Any chance of someone knowing this area and if it has also sustained much damage? The lot I liked the most was 1,000sm on a new paved road, just off the main road described above. We are going to Duma the end of January to visit aking asawa's relatives, I want to be prepared to be disappointed. Thanks for any info

4. barkada

barkada DI Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Amazing pictures. Did you have to walk far to get there? From the picture with the spillway it looks like the village just before the last climb up to the falls at Pulangbato/redrock. Any idea what the damage is like there. Thanks for posting these.

5. OP
    OP
    c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    my brother is a rescuer and a scout for the PNP region VII.. the pictures are taken by them during the flood and after while doing search and rescue operation. Most bridges and spillways going to malaunay are all down in rubbles.

6. OP
    OP
    c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    @ tomtorific

there is no damage on that part of valencia... even on the town proper, its the same as before the flood... damage can be seen in Tejero Swimming pool and on the other side of valencia starting from palinpinon upwards to malaunay