Dumaguete Info Search

setting up office - any advice

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by barramac, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barramac

barramac DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    hi
    i am setting up a small tech based business over the next month or so. it will be in the dumaguete area. can anyone give me some advice about the unexpected occurences like
    - "special payment" to local government,
    - staff expectation in comparison to westerners,
    - registration processes
    - banking problems
    - office rentals
    - etc

thanks any advice / insight would be greatly appreciated

2. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Quite honestly if you do not already know the answers to these questions you will be longer than a month setting up. I would suggest going to city hall, ask the procedure for getting all the required permits, seminars, tax office, Bir, etc. set up, they will set you straight...

3. Pearls

Pearls DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RHB is right, go to the City hall get your business permit application, DTI for business name registration/seminar,BIR/seminar other clearances it will take a while. A

4. Pearls

Pearls DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    welcome to dumaguete, hope u will have fun processing your papers. Paid everything on city hall cashier window, I tell you something when I did mine I encounter some people work on city hall with tin can under there table, (not in dumaguete city hall) to put money on then hide it again. Its not a surprise it happen twice on different place when i did my business license.

5. OP
    OP
    barramac

barramac DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    thanks

thanks for the advice

some more questions
    - what time period does it take to register and what extra payments were involved
    - can u operate while the business licences are been processed.
    - are business registrations easier in sibulan or valencia.
    - i can operate under a european business for a while

thanks
    barry

6. Travel Time

Travel Time DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Business registrations are probably easier outside the city, but from what I understand if you're going to have an office in a particular city-you need a business permit etc there.

7. Just a dude

Just a dude DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    As a business owner in Dmgte the smartest thing that I did was to hire an older very experienced bookkeeper. She has taken care of almost everything, knows the in's and out's of the bureaucracy here. She just does it all for us, it is rare that we will ever have to deal directly with any problems, and it is quite inexpensive

8. OP
    OP
    barramac

barramac DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    thanks just a dude

the bookkeeper route seems to be the only way as the business admin is very time comsuming. can i a ask if the business is registered in your name or in a locals name

thanks

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    as a foreigner you can't own business on your name, but there are options what your bookkeeper or attorney can explain to you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.