Dumaguete Info Search

Finance & Legal shoddy building work

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by charlyB, May 29, 2022.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    Does anybody on the forum know if there is an official legal department that handles complaints regarding building work as our building contractor has done the usual filipino thing when things go wrong and moved to the dark side, by that i mean i have not seen him for over a month, his phone is always unreachable or rings out even if i call from a number he does not know.
    The main fault we need fixed is a water leak that drips from a light socket so quite dangerous, i don't really want to employ another builder to come and fix this as i don't think it's good practice to drop somebody new into the mix as he will probably tell me the house needs demolished and re built.

2. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Is your builder living in the Barangay, if so you can file a complaint with the Barangay Captain and he will be brought to arbitration

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Good luck with that. I took a so called carpenter to a barangay captain did F' all. My wife paid the guy in full before the work was completed and he never showed up after that. I could have filed a case against him and risked getting a hit man shooting me.

• Like Like x 2
  4. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    It has worked for me before... hence why I suggested it

5. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Submit you take the loss as lesson learned, get someone else. As this is the Phils, no Foreigner would be advised to raise some issue with A Filipino. It will not end well in most cases and it can be years until some unfortunate consequence can rear up to bite your butt. along with some serious regrets. When the Locals start the gossip and you become the focus of it that's when it becomes "It's no fun in the Philippines anymore"

Option 2 is find where he lives, show up with a long neck Tanduay, sing some Karaoke, bring some snacks for his Family, shake everyone's hand , chances are he will show up the following Monday to correct the issue.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I agree with option 2, but if I sing they will probably shoot me.

7. OP
    OP
    charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    My builder is not from our Barangay so going there is not an option.
    I see the captain doing F'all in your case as another example of foreigner racism as you could be sure that if you owed the carpenter 10 peso the captain would be on it straight away.
    The way i look at it my builder is taking advantage of the fact that he is dealing with a foreigner and knows i cannot or would not take the kind of action that one of his own would i.e. chop him up with a bolo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1