Dumaguete Info Search

Shooting in Bacong

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Liverpool fan, May 31, 2018.

1. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just been a shooting in Bacong Noth Poblacion Roxas street beside the school, I don't know the circumstances yet, will update when I hear more from the locals, I live very close, but not the type who go there and "investigate' lol. My gf and our neighbors heard several gunshots, I listen to music and was in another world

2. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Is this what you are referring to, from Inquirer.net : ???

Actually, if it just happened (thursday around 1, this is not it...)

<<The grenade blast at the house of the mayor and vice mayor of Bacong town in Negros Oriental on Tuesday night may be related to politics.
    Mayor Jocelyn Aviola and her husband, Vice Mayor Lenin Aviola, have appealed to authorities to speed up the investigation to identify and arrest the assailants.
    The mayor, however, told a television interview in Cebu that the incident might be related to politics since their opponents had been attacking them.
    For his part, the vice mayor said some people might be jealous of their political success as they had been in public service for a long time.
    Two men on board a motorcycle lobbed the grenade that exploded at the residence of the Alviolas in Barangay Poblacion, Bacong, about 8 p.m. on Tuesday.
    A sharpnel hit the vehicle was parked at the garage and hurt Diana Jane Justiniano, 30, the common-law wife of the couple’s son.
    Senior Insp. Luis Lakandula, Bacong police chief, said in a phone interview that they have yet to identify the perpetrators.>>>

3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    There was deff a drug related shooting in bacong. Seems like it was a drive by shooting from a car window.

4. OP
    OP
    Liverpool fan

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Talk with the locals, personal twist a guy get 3-4 shot to the head and 3-4 shot to the body with a 45, of course, he's dead. According to the locals a bad guy who deserves it had done a lot of bad things

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Would be better if a court would decide who gets a death sentence. This should not be left up to the perception of your neighbors. What is to stop someone from saying you are a "bad guy" and sentencing you to death? Murdering people you don't like shouldn't be the standard.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. OP
    OP
    Liverpool fan

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I 100% agree with you, only repeat what the locals said

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Liverpool fan

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I don't want to go into details but again according to locals that guy has kills several people himself. I'm personally against the death penalty and support human rights, then you know my point of view

• Like Like x 3
  8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    You are, of course, perfectly correct - in England's great past (!) a woman who was SAID by neighbours to be doing 'strange' things was accused of being a 'witch' - so she was ducked under water and if she drowned she was deemed innocent - if she survived she was deemed guilty and so burnt alive.

9. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Yet this was done by the *justice* system often with those supposed to be protecting the peace and enforcing the law. Just as today its often hard to trust law enforcement especially in countries like the Philippines to do the right thing. Such as there was a mentally ill man who raped and murdered a little girl a number of years back and the courts released him because he was mentally ill and they felt they couldn't care for him in prison. About 2 years ago he was found to have raped and killed another little girl and there was possible belief in a 3rd victim and it was coming to the same thing where they wouldn't kill him or lock him up. I had heard rumor of street justice but unsure on that part though.

10. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Sounds like my Ex.

• Funny Funny x 3