Dumaguete Info Search

Shorter Route from Dumaguete to Boracay

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by mydestinyz23, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mydestinyz23

mydestinyz23 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone, it's me again. Is there any shorter route we can take from Dumaguete to Boracay? I was just surfing around and thinking about getting this direction. Take ceres liner bus from Dumaguete to Cebu and then fly Cebu Pacific from Cebu to Kalibo. And then maybe take another bus from Kalibo to Boracay. I'm lost already huh!

2. archon_manofsteel

archon_manofsteel DI Forum Adept Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+

For me, i think what you have just said is the quickest and most convenient way going to boracay coz some of my friends also went there the same way rather than the route that I took. I went to boracay once. took the Ceres bus going to bacolod, then a ferry to ilo-ilo city, spent the night in YMCA (on a strict budget), and took the first trip by bus going to Caticlan directly. No need to stop to Kalibo. Caticlan is where you will ride a pumpboat going to Boracay island. :smile:

Good day!

3. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Fly via Manila!

The fastest way would for sure be to fly Dumaguete-Manila with Cebu Pacific or Philippine Airlines in the morning and then Manila-Caticlay (Not Kalibo) with either Asian Spirit or Cebu Pacific a few hours after arrival in Manila. Both these airlines have more than 10 daily flights on the route now.

Making land trip to Cebu and then fly from there is an in-between in both cost and time.

Cheapest and slowest route is, of course, the land-trip. Dmgt-Bacolod with bus, then boat to Iloilo, then another bus. Probably not possible to make without an overnight stay, so unless you like to visit either Bacolod or Cebu anyway, I would strongly suggest to just fly via Manila. Domestic flights are dirt cheap these days.....

4. Craig Morgan

Craig Morgan DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i'm doing the same trip in feb2009 and was wondering if any one knows of small plane hire from dumaguete?

5. baxxmike

baxxmike DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ceres bus to Cebu and then Cebu Pacific to Kalibo and bus to Caticlan. Maybe a Ceres bus back from Caticlan to Iloilo ferry over to Bacolod stay the night Bacolod Pension house reasonable then Ceres bus to Dgte. I took that tour in Dec. 08. Nice bus ride through the countryside but very long trip back to Dgte maybe 7 hrs each day. Enjoy the trip

6. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Cebu pacific all the way through. Dumaguete a.m. flight to cebu there are 2 flights a day to caticlan (Boracay) one arrives 1130 and the other about 4pm

7. KAYLEIGH

KAYLEIGH DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    U can fly from dumaguete-cebu-caticlan. no need to go to iloilo, it's a long hours travel by ceres from iloilo-caticlan. check out the cebu pacific flight schedules on their website.asian spirit also fly from cebu-caticlan. Just make sure u have small notes(money) ready, when u get to caticlan airport, then before getting a ticket for the pumpboat to boracay, alot of goverment taxes u have to pay in the boat terminal like environment tax, tourist tax, etc.

8. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I too would be interested in an answer to Craig Morgan's question.

I was walking recently in downtown Dumagute and saw a poster for aviation services, advertising flight training & charters of light aircraft etc. There was a website listed, which I failed to note completely.

Anyone else see this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.