Dumaguete Info Search

Silay Airport to Bacolod options?

Discussion in '☋ Other Destinations in the Philippines and Asia ☋' started by SurfinUSA, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Wikipedia says the bus fare from Bacolod-Silay airport to Bacolod is at least P400(!)..it's not that long a drive. Wow.

It also says there's a shuttle going from SM mall there to the airport for P100, but it doesn't say if you can ride that shuttle from the airport to SM..

Does anyone know if I can ride that SM shuttle to SM? How much is taxi fare into the city typically?

Any alternatives for getting from the airport into town?

2. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +31 / 1
    My oldest son was just there two weeks ago for a quick stopover. He took a 'shared taxi', ie Crosswind or similar from the airport to downtown - they'll fill it up with passengers and tie the luggage down on the roof. Cost 150 pesos. Plenty there at arrivals...400 pesos sounds like the taxi fare and would be about right. He took a taxi from downtown to the airport and that was 320 pesos.

3. tunji oluwajuyemi

tunji oluwajuyemi DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Dec 17 I rode a bus from dumaguete to bacolod for 7 hours costing 235 pisos and then got a taxi in town on meter to the mall for 50 peso its usually 50 piso taxi for central in town trips,there are other options for cheaper but recommended to foreigners only after you gain some experience in the town with the place names on the jeepneys and where to go to catch the jeepney you want..The rides to and from the airport are there and some cheap and some expensive its a matter of knowing which mass transits go where and the taxis are personal so just say where you like to go.. the malls have a taxi corridor just like the airport with a constant stream of taxis rolling in and rolling out,but out off the mall property on the highway theres a constant stream of jeepneys going cheap and far to places you can transfer from to farther destinations,,I just call my friends there and get them to use their car for me and stay their house..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.