Dumaguete Info Search

Silliman University Library

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by reedee, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Does anyone know if the public can utilize the SU library? Seems like a nice library and I would like to check it out (maybe some books, too!!) sometime.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :confused: Reedee! I have asked this Question before and no one seems to know, If you get some positive response please let me know as I too would like to have a reference Library at hand. Seems that they keep it all locked up most of the Time.:smile:

Jack P.:smile:

3. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    YES (and i believe i have posted the same answer, too, many years ago) - my ex-hubby used to go there and he is a foreigner and he was not a student from SU

@redee - your daughter is studying there, right? the more you are welcome to get in there

• Like Like x 1
  4. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Reedee

Me library is only 50 or 60 books but you are sure welcome to check it out.

5. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    library

Thanks for the offer!!

6. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    library

Thanks, Josephen,
    I am also familiar with the "Public Library", which I will definitely check out, are you sure it was the Silliman University Library he used to go to? It is my understanding, from what I read online, only students and educators are allowed to use the University Library.

7. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    I don't know if it is open "to the public". But, you are not the "the public". Your daughter is a Student at the Silliman University School of Basic Education, diba? I should think you could use her ID to access the facility and check items as she is a student...the purpose of the university and it's facilities is to serve its students. At least, that is why it was founded and what its mission says...

8. josephen

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    @reedee
    of course i am sure - i was in the classroom and he was waiting for me...he used to go to the periodicals section (and oh, read that it was slightly on fire lately?) and no, he was not wearing my SU I.D. haha!

9. josephen

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    oh maybe a tip - ask from the guard (normally stationed at all SU gates/entrances) a 'visitor's pass' then you have access to the campus, too!

10. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    library

Okay, I am going to give it a whirl....I like the idea, too, of getting the visitors pass!! Has anyone checked out the public library? Is is any good? Can you check books out or do you have to read them there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.