Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa Simplified tourist visa extension

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Jens K, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I've been to the BI to extend my tourist Visa today. Just when I wanted to hand over the usual stack of photo copies and 2x2 photo I was informed that these were not needed anymore. They greatly simplified the form as well, cutting the time required to fill it out at least in half.

Not all is lost, progress still happens :smile:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    get ready for an increase in the express lane fee then
    that will hurt the photocopying done next door in the travel agency ( which as a travel agency is a rip off, how/why people use these in this day and age is beyond me) i enquired from them a few things regarding travel and tickets and visa processing costs now that the chinese consulate is closed in cebu indefintiely, so can only be done in Manila................rip off city (most other travel agencies are making hay whilst the sun shines now its closed) was a time you could go to the consulate yourself ...........

3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I noticed that the staff still asks all the old questions and makes notes in the margin so they still want all that info, its just that we don't have to write it down. No pic and no photocopy is a nice touch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Princeton

Princeton DI Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 13
    Just did my renewal today..new form and no photo or copies is great...was also told 6 month extension expected here in next couple months...wonderful news

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    I also wasted my money for photo + copys ... but at least a great fast n' easy new service

• Like Like x 1
  6. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    If the 1st posting about this subject had not been confirmed by the 3 members I still should have thinking it was about a practical joke.
    But I read it over a couple of times and finally start to believe it. I am curious when later this month I will visit BI for extension of my visa how it really works.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. mirohu

mirohu DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    I extended my temporary visitor (tourist) visa on December 8th at the Dumaguete office.
    New and simplified form, no pictures and no copies. They even had some fans blowing cool air, no line, quick and good service.
    The 6 month extension is available now in Dumaguete, the price will be about triple what the usual 2 month visa is, so expect about PHP 9000, they have to contact Manila for exact price for now.
    Two things to consider with the 6 month extension, I was told by the B.I. employee if your I-card expires within the 6 months you must renew it at the same time and if you leave the country during the six months you lose whatever remaining portion and start over from scratch.
    I just did my 3 year visa run, so doing the first 29 day extension so I did not partake at this time.

• Informative Informative x 1