Dumaguete Info Search

Sinovac approved for Philippines

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by PatO, Feb 22, 2021.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    CNN Philippines TV announced the FDA has given an emergency approval for the Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine for the Philippines for ages 18-59. I hope the Manila US VA can obtain and administer the Pfizer vaccine.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I am not able to attend the inevitable Blessing but hope these vaccines help control the virus and that front-liners are given priority (although I understand that many in this country don't want anything Chinese inserted into them - there is a joke in that but this is far too serious a situation for me to make it).

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No thanks. I'll pass on that Chinese garbage vaccine (and I certainly won't be giving the Chinese government any of my money for the "privilege" of being a guinea pig to see if their stolen science actually works).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Maybe it will be available for walk-ins.

If enough of the health workers decide to skip CoronaVac it may be available for anybody who is willing to take it.

Health care workers who skip CoronaVac will keep their priority for AstraZeneca which arrived in the Phils Thursday.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/14036...ied-for-health-workers-who-declined-coronavac

6. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Just read (on reputable news site) that only 19% of adult Filipinos are willing to get vaccinated.

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    With all the conspiracy theories I see on Facebook (that covers very wide topic ranges) this really isn't a surprise.

I think globe and smart are partially to blame for only offering free data to garbage sites like Facebook. Social media is NOT where people should be getting information from.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Unfortunately it seems the prime source of information for the less intelligent - what a dangerous mix. My asawa was told yesterday by locals that they had heard President Biden is prosecuting people who use the Bible. Without being political, that is clearly total nonsense.

But this reluctance to be vaccinated is genuinely associated with the Dengue vaccine - where it had to be withdrawn after side effects were reported, including the death of some children. I read this was noted 2 years later and is what makes me concerned about new vaccines and how long it will take before serious side effects become apparent.

9. ozelink

ozelink DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll be waiting for a decent vaccine from a more trusted country. Even Chinese are scared of Chinese vaccines no trust sorry

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk