Dumaguete Info Search

siquijor travel advice?

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by witzeln, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. witzeln

witzeln DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi!

We are planning to go to siquijor next year, holy week may be. I have few questions to ask, and your answers will be deeply appreciated. :smile:

-We are from manila and we will fly to dumaguete. from the airport, how long will be the travel time going to the port (to siquijor)? and is the transpo always available? how much? and vice-versa. :smile:

-From dumaguete port to siquijor. can you guys please provide contact details of every ferries available? please? how long will be the travel time? :smile:

-from siquijor to resort (casa de la playa/ coco grove). how to get there? prices? :smile:

-Casa de la playa and coco grove is our choices. any comments? scubaholly commented, from thread (last) below, that west coast is not a good idea, but he mentioned that casa de la playa is a nice place. casa de la playa is in north of west coast. I just want it to be clear. hehe. :smile:
    http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/siquijor-island/best-beaches-siquijor-2344.html

thanks in advance! :D

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Casa is a nice place as long you do not need to eat and drink. You can not compare it at all with Coco Grove what is about the Top Spot of the Island (but also price wise).

Airport to Seaport 10 - 15 Minutes

Ferry details later... gone diving :smile:

cheers

Rhoody

3. OP
    OP
    witzeln

witzeln DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the fast response! happy diving!

4. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    As for the ferries operating between Dumaguete and Siquijor, maybe this thread can give a clue, though its 2 years old and schedules change regularly:

http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/siquijor-island/making-siquijor-using-fast-ferries-1684.html

I don`t know the exact sailing time, but expect less than one hour on a fast ferry and maybe 3 times more if you take a slow boat. It might be best to just buy tickets, when you arrive in Dumaguete, rather than trying to arrange or plan to much ahead, since this is really just a minor trip.

Any waiting time can be convenienly spend at and around the boulevard in Dumaguete, which is right next to the port area. Dumaguete is a tourist destination in itself, so it is hardly a punishment having to spend a few hours or even a night here.

As for transport to and from the ports on Negros and Siquijor, prices must be negotiated with the driver. On Negros there are tricycles, vans and (not metered) taxis available in the airport, and its hardly much different on Siquijor.

Again this is no big deal, there will be plenty of drivers waiting for you, when you arrive. Use your common sence to judge, what is a fair rate. The distance from Dumaguete airport to the port is around 4 kilometers, on Siquijor it will depend on which ressort, you choose.

5. OP
    OP
    witzeln

witzeln DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey thanks fundiver198, we are leaning towards casa de la playa. any suggestions about diving (no experience at all)? guys?

6. Scubaholly

Scubaholly DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Siquijor

Hi witzeln,

if it will be the holy week, please be adviced to prebook; in that time also Siquijor is fully booked! Do not forget, thathe Coco Grove is in the South located and Casa de la Playa you find in the north of the island; the distance is about 30km!. To the north you sail best with Delta3 (from DUM 5:30pm, 1h, 160Pesos) or Montenegro (from DUM 6:00pm, 2h, 120 Pesos, both plus 15 Pesos Terminal Fee) to Larena/Siquijor. If your aircraft arrives in themorning in DUM you can only sal to SIQ/SIQ. From there you have the choice to go by tricycle to San Juan (Coco Grove) or Larena (Casa).

Tropical Greetings from Larena on Siquijor Island, the most mystic Island of the 7,107 Phiippine Islands!

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Siquijor has some nice diving and Snorkeling but I would not put it into the top-spots in the Visayas

8. OP
    OP
    witzeln

witzeln DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey thanks!

We are already decided to go to casa de playa. We contacted the dreamland travel agency in DUM for the tours (city/mountain), accommodations, transpo (ports to ports), and other stuffs. :smile:

@Scubaholly
    If your aircraft arrives in themorning in DUM you can only sal to SIQ/SIQ. - I dont get it. :smile:

Since you are in Larena, is your resto far from the resort? Because may be I can drop by. :D

Our flight is in the morning, DEP time is 7:05 I think. The time will not be a problem, right?

9. Scubaholly

Scubaholly DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Siq/Siq means: Siquijor Pier in Siqujor on Siquijor Island
    Larena/SiquijorÖ Larena Pier on Siquijor Island

We are located 3 walking minutes from Larena Pier, once you are here you can notmiss it From Casa it is about 6km

10. OP
    OP
    witzeln

witzeln DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh I see thanks! By the way, may be Ill keep your number just in case. Is that okay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.