Dumaguete Info Search

Skycable Digibox Bobo Brigade

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by daanlungsod, Nov 18, 2013.

1. daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    We just suffered 5 Skycable workers littering our sala while taking more than 2 hours to install a Digibox. We've seen some clueless untrained service workers here over the years but these take the prize. We discovered that they were sent from Cebu.

Ever worse, they were sent out without coax, after connecting the cable from the wall to the box, they had no way to connect the box to a TV.

There's nothing digital about this Digibox, same old analog signal but now you must use the Digibox remote to change the channel. Performance varies, today it's taking about 7 seconds after clicking a button for the box to respond and the picture is often worse than without the box. Cignal satellite is beginning to look like a tempting option with HD included and additional boxes costing less, can anyone here vouch for Cignal?

2. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    Here in Valencia i have 13 units installed with Fil-products Cable Company. They installed a LINE EXTENDER AMPLIFLIER that cost more or less 16,700pesos, so far so good never had problems.

Perhaps, you may consider Fil-products they have a technician consultant that will attend your needs,and there's only 2 technician that work on site, most of them are polite and reliable, they work quietly as well(which is very important). They also give discount if you pay advance and flexible for temporary disconnection without fees.

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Most tech guys from Cebu get paid by the day and not by hour, so they only like to sit in a nice sala and enjoy their time at rest.

4. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    @ daanlungsod. Thanks for the heads up. Sky tell me they will be around within the next month or so to fit the digibox to my place. I'm dubious and have my doubts. About a month ago, my internet speed dropped considerably so they sent a tech to check it out. Tech arrived in a fancy, well logo'd van, but no tools except a hammer and a bent flat screwdriver.!!!! He tried in vain to remove a panel cover on the outside wall, although it had nothing to do with Sky, it's just an electrical junction box. The screws had been sealed in place with silicon. He asked to borrow my Philips screwdriver. When I looked out of the window, he was using my Philips as a chisel to chip away the cement around the box. I called it a day and gave him an early finish. I went to the pole holding the Sky cable and tightened up the co-ax which had probably shaken loose in the earthquake. Fixed. These guys are on a par with the type of people who check out a cars roadworthiness by kicking the tyres.

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Sounds like my Roof antenna installers, who arrived with No ladder. O-|

6. roadking

roadking DI Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Cignal arrived with no Ladder, No tools not even a screwdriver, & No idea of what they were actually dong , ended up doing it my self.
    Had a dream setup before & exactly the same nonsense with them also.
    Have a mate in the UK who installs in the UK [ Sky ] they give him 45 mins to install a new box & dish from scratch. & its free....

7. OP
    OP
    daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    Does the Cignal service work as advertised? We had Dream for 6 years and watched the prices go up and the channels go down. I first installed a dish in '83 and watched Larry King light up during commercials.

Our neighbor came over to complain, the genious team had removed her DVD player to make way for their box. She asked them how can she use her player, reply was just reconnect everything.

The box is a Coship N5266C: N5266C - Cable - Coship

Changing the volume or channel takes 6 to 12 seconds, frustrating as hell and for this they charge us more?

8. Vicmico

Vicmico DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    We have Cignal (PHP 430 / month package) and it works just fine. Have not had any major outages and only when it starts raining hard after a dry spell it takes a few minutes before the dish is clean enough again to have normal reception. Could use car wax or something like that to clean the dish but I'm just too lazy....
    Vicmico

9. OP
    OP
    daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    Thanks. Less monthly and portable when you move. Even a second box rents for less. Our Dream dish collected bird droppings with little loss of signal.

10. roadking

roadking DI Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Having had both systems , I find that Cignal is the better, I have the 1290 programme & are more than satisfied, The cignal stays operating for much longer that the dream used to in inclement weather.