Dumaguete Info Search

Slipper *lobster*

Discussion in 'Diving and Marine Life' started by baltoed, Jul 30, 2014.

1. baltoed

baltoed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +18 / 6
    While living in the "seafood capital of the Philippines" aka Roxas City, Capiz. I made inquiry about lobsters. I was told I could get them from a guy ..who knows a guy..who knows a guy..you got it.

So my wife and I got off on this darkest night adventure to GodKnowsWhere in Capiz. and out on a pier and were shown some of some slug looking creature and we backed off ..assuming it was another attempt to rip off a Long Nose..

But a year later it seems I was mistaken and talking to a guy who is a *fish monger/trader* worldwide out of Las Vegas NV. They were slipper lobsters and supposed to be good eating. Since that time Ive only seen small ones like the small crabs and prawn we all see. But allowed they do get tails to 8-10inches as I saw that dark night

View attachment 11233

more info click here : Slipper lobster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:dnr:

Attached Files:

2. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    its one of the best tasting of all the lobster families

3. OP
    OP
    baltoed

baltoed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +18 / 6
  4. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Here they used to be called "Pitik pitik" i haven't seen them for years but they used to have them on the menu at the old South seas hotel. that was about 25 yrs ago.. In the Persian Gulf they call them "Sigali's"... Used to go out at night with a big flashlite and just pick them up with our hands.. Great eating

5. Ten Twenty Lenny

Ten Twenty Lenny DI Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 3
    Try To Find Them...Good Luck !!