Dumaguete Info Search

So is it true? (part 2)

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by KTM, Oct 5, 2011.

1. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Heard tonight, a Norwegian national was released from a local Dumaguete hospital today, having been rescued in Siquijor recently. He'd been drugged then 'kidnapped' for over half a year, had his credit card/s taken, forced to give the PIN and had his monthly pension of P80,000 stolen. Found by 2 fellow Norwegians apparently, 'across the water', was fed rice and water during his captivity and weighed less than 50kgs when released. Any truth in this seemingly unreal story? (Swear I didn't make this up).:eek:

2. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    So he came here, got drunk and got married

3. UncleFatBloke

UncleFatBloke DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Its a bit of a drastic and expensive way of losing weight, but it's probably the only way I'm going to lose these extra 5......OK 20kgs!
    Sign me up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    OMG! if this is true!

5. Lee from Canada

Lee from Canada DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not sure about this story but I do have a friend from Canada that came on a 2 week trip 8 months ago and got married and the family will not let him leave they have taken his ATM card and just keep him drunk also sold his return ticket ... They have told others in the family they will hide him when friends come looking for him .... All for his 600 Canadian a month .. I,m sure they are not renewing his visa and he will not have any money for a return ticket ....His family in Canada do not want him back (he has mental problems)
    Theres a group of us coming in december to try to find him and see what kind of condition he is in ? Who knows maybe hes happy but I doubt it ..

6. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Well from what you just said Lee,
    :eek: Maybe he is alot more happier, than having a family that don't want him.
    Wish you luck with your search my friend, I am sure the folks on the forum will give you some help.

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I think I may know who you are talking about, most of the old timers here would know him by sight. He used to ride a bicycle from Dauin to Sibulan and back twice every day. (not exactly locked in a closet) If this is the guy he definitely does have some mental problems. The locals all call him Joe, and he yells back something incomprehensible about monkeys. I tried helping him one time when he was involved in an accident and he turned on me like a pack of rabid skunks.

On second reading, nope, not the same guy, this guy has been here for many years.

Larry