Dumaguete Info Search

So is it true?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by KTM, Oct 4, 2011.

1. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    An alleged break in, to an American's house,(location unsure) he was held hostage w/his GF/live in/wife(?), then robbed last Saturday? Any truth? No official news, but that's to be expected by Visayan Daily Star/Negros Chronicle, Sky channel 15, our super efficient city/provincial police force et alia, not wanting to scare the local expat community I presume. Anyone heard anything? He's an older gentlemen I believe, first name John, (yea, not 'Joe' either.):eek:

2. barkada

barkada DI Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I have heard of one incident recently, not sure of exact date, but very similar MO to previous robberies in Amlan[?].
    3 hooded men , armed, entered a house after midnight. House owned by Swiss man who was out of the country.His wife was home ,she hid [fortunately] quantity of jewelery etc stolen. Police are hounding local guys known for burglary, however none of the locals wear masks or carry guns. Perhaps negros Chronicle has something on it?

3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I think there was an incident near bacong on saturday night but there was no guns or knives involved so I was told and I believe he was called John.