Dumaguete Info Search

Solo Traveler

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by SpringYellow, Jul 2, 2018.

1. SpringYellow

SpringYellow DI Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 23
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have a friend who is coping with grief and loss of her parents. She will be traveling on her own without no one with her. She doesn't want a companion. She just want to stay away from the tragic happenings and memories. I previously suggested Boracay but since it's closed at the moment, I mentioned about Batanes. I forgot that it's rainy season in the Philippines and yeah, I think Batanes is not a good option at the moment. Is there any other less crowded destination and much safer especially for a solo traveler like her? I just wanted to help her especially in this difficult situation she is facing. If I could only go with her, I would love to but she refused already. Thank you.

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    You could consider Atmosphere Resort in Dauin.

3. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I for one would need more information. 1. why the Philippines (especially in rainy season) 2. What can she afford ? 3. Has she traveled before ?
    There is a wealth of info on this site as many here are accomplished travelers and would be happy to share their experience but again .... more info please

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    If she wishes to pay about £185 per night for a single room - but she will get breakfast.

El Dorado is fine, cheaper and with a very good breakfast.

Mahogany (also Dauin) is a bit out of the way but not isolated. Possibly a good choice for some peace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    SpringYellow

SpringYellow DI Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 23
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Checking El Dorado now. Thanks.

6. OP
    OP
    SpringYellow

SpringYellow DI Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 23
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Just checked and it looks more peaceful and less crowd. Any idea about the signal/internet connection? I'm asking because she's having some series of e-counseling with BetterHelp for her condition. She needs a stable connection to be able to get in touch with her therapist. Anyway looking at the images now on Google, I think my friend would consider this. Thanks for your suggestion.

7. OP
    OP
    SpringYellow

SpringYellow DI Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 23
    Blood Type:
    A+
    This would be her 3rd time to go to the Philippines. She was in Manila 2-3 years ago. She enjoyed her stay before tho Manila is the busiest place. She loved Divisoria and the historical places around. She would really love to visit the country again but I don't think Manila is the perfect place at the moment due to her condition.

8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What are her interests? Kind of hard to suggest a place without knowing what she is into. Diving? Nightlife? Ecotourism? Adventure? Culture?

I wouldn't suggest any resorts in the Dumaguete area unless she is a certified diver. And even then...meh.

9. fritz

fritz DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +95 / 5
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I just came from Malapascua and the best place there was "Ocean Dive Resort" - a lot of very nice people, very good athmosphere, best Staff ever!, and if you need some different food like Original Italian oreven good Thai yoy just walk the next bay to "Angelinas" or the Thai!

10. OP
    OP
    SpringYellow

SpringYellow DI Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 23
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I'm checking this. Thanks!!

• Like Like x 1