Dumaguete Info Search

some good news.. (makes me proud)

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by wis, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wis

wis DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Monday, June 04, 2007
    Pedicab driver awarded for honesty

THE City Government of Dumaguete has awarded a pedicab driver for returning cellular phones to his passengers in three different occasions.

Fernando Perry Lastimosa, of Barangay Candau-ay, was presented a resolution recognizing his noble act during the City Council's session last Thursday.

Sun.Star Dumaguete - Pedicab driver awarded for honesty

2. OP
    OP
    wis

wis DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    More funds
    earmarked for scholars
    BY JUANCHO GALLARDE
    The city government of Dumaguete has allocated P300,000 more this year to its existing annual budget of P1.5 million to send qualified scholars to college.

(read more..)
    DAILY STAR: Negros Oriental

3. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12

This character should be rewarded as this is not often we can find from a poor pinoy to do this kind of act . Others might just call it a lovely day,a cell phone found ...a good find for the day .This just shows not all people are bad and greedy , this person is living with good principle of honesty.

4. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I bit this scholarship are for those students with grades of flat A's as criteria to qualify , and they will take up degrees. This government Scholarships should also cover to wide range of students needing qualifications doing vocational courses ,like those ones thinking of doing plumming,being electricians,brick layering, carpentry,retail,banking ,wood work mainly shorter courses that'll give people the right skills to answer skills vacuum in Philippines. It doesn't need an A grade,does it ,because there are people that have aptitude of doing other things that can't be measure by the general grading system adopted .People with business degrees ending up only as bank tellers or like Sociology degree grads ending up operating behind the counter as cashiers or shop attendants in shopping malls.That’s underemployment .Also with carperters, no wonder many carpenters you’ll encounter learn the skills from hands on experience by themselves ,many you’ll never trust because sadly number of them are cowboy carpenters , copying layman's knowledge and mistakes of their masters.The quality of work is poor .But who’s to blame ,but the system itself .

5. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice pickled newt. i come to say this things because not all are rich in dumaguete. the short course can be of great help to one person. i hope there is a branch in government cater to this kind of needs because in manila they are actually offered. i just dont know what branch is that but still you have to pay some small amount. but i dont know if this is offered in dumaguete. ahhh!!!! norsu have short course but i dont think it is complete to skill training. but this idea is very good!!! Practical training would be very good.

6. Gene

Gene DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi Pickled-Newt & Kewl;
    Other countries trained workers through apprenticeship training which are the combination of classroom & on the job training under the government supervision which normally will take up to four years which at that time after passing certain standard regulated exam, the worker will be awarded with journeyman status like a ticket to be able to work anywhere in the world or start his/her own business.

7. OP
    OP
    wis

wis DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,

kumusta?

actually there is a goverment agency that offers technical/vacational training. it offers training in wielding, plumbing, sewing and even autocad (computer modeling) which is in demand in the middle east. its TESDA or Technical Education and Skills Develpoment Authority. the sad part is that only few know about this..

our goverment has a lot of good programs but they fail to tell all the people about it.

ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.