Dumaguete Info Search

Work Visa Special Visa for Employment Generation (SVEG)

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Rye83, May 17, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Special Visa for Employment Generation (SVEG)

The SVEG is for non-immigrant foreigners who employ 10 or more Filipinos in a legal and sustainable business in the Philippines. (See the attached check-list for a full list of requirements.) Currently you can only apply for this visa from the BoI Main Office in Manila according to the BoI website.

Note: Hiring 10 maids, trike drivers or even a hiring 10 waitresses at a restobar that's under your wife's/gf's name will not cut it. You must have a controlling interest in the business and the employees must be full-time/non-contract employees and you must meet all the hiring/pay requirements according to Philippine law. See the Philippine Foreign Investment Negative List and the Foreign Investments Act (RA 7042) for which types of businesses you can own a majority share of. Simply put; this visa is for serious business persons with deep pockets.

To apply for this visa you will need to do the following:

1. Secure the CGAF. (Attached to this thread or you can download it from the BI Website.)

2. Submit the documents for pre-screening to the Central Receiving Unit (CRU) or to the frontline officer or staff of other Immigration Offices able to process this transaction.

3. Get the Order of Payment Slip (OPS).

4. Pay the required fees.

5. Submit copy of Official Receipt.

6. Attend hearing. Please refer to the Official Receipt for the schedule and venue of the hearing and Image and Fingerprint Capturing.

7. Proceed to Image and Fingerprint Capturing Counter of the Alien Registration Division (ARD) and submit requirements for ACR I-Card application

8. Check website if visa application is already approved.

9. If approved, submit passport for visa implementation.

10. If ACR I-Card is approved, claim ACR I-Card.
    Cost:
    P29,330.00 + $250 (USD) for ACR I-Card

Source: BoI - SVEG

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Nick

Nick DI New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hi there, thank you for posting this. I'm curious if this would apply to my employing ten people through a local BPO? Do you think that there is any chance of this?

3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I believe this is likely how most people get this visa. You'll have to check the Foreign Investment Negative List and the RA 7042 linked in the OP. It's been awhile since I've read the law on this but I believe you will need to invest some serious cash in the business you plan on opening, have all the proper permits and all your employees will need to have proper (legal) wages, insurance and SSS as well.

4. Nick

Nick DI New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hi, thank you for the quick response. It is helpful to know of this possible direction.

I've managed to engage 6 staff and am looking to employ a further 4 this year. This is pure happen stance and hopefully fortuitous.

You mentioned investing, is there a minimal expenditure?

I invest $5000US in staffing and facilities per month at the moment. Which will increase to $8k.

I'm also curious about how the visa might benefit my partner.

I know I will need to seek further advice, but your opinion is helpful.

5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Are you part owner of the business? Having the business under a wife/gf/business partner won't cut it for this visa. The employees also need to be full time employees (not contractual or part-time employees) and paid a legal wages.

The link below seems to answer most of the questions one might have about this visa.
    SVEG FAQs

IMO It seems that this visa would be a rather difficult (and complicated) one to maintain even after you are approved for it. It might be worth the effort for someone with a legitimate business/motivation/resources though. (Personally, I am far too unmotivated and lazy for this visa......I can barely make it through reading the checklist without something shiny drawing my attention away. :wink:). Seeking a lawyer's opinion would be strongly advised.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nick

Nick DI New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0

Ha Ha, well thank you for your attention thus far!

I am the owner 100%, the business is registered in Hong Kong. The employees are full time, at the BPO, but are 100% working for me. It is all very much above board and legit, they are however employed by the BPO, I pay the wages and fee's to engage them for my business.

Thanks for sending the Q&A, it looks like I might have a chance, depending on what is meant by 'interest' in the following:

A SVEG shall be issued to a foreigner or foreigners with interest in an entity, firm, partnership or corporation that establishes, expands or rehabilitates a business activity, investment, enterprise or industry for every 10 full-time/regular Filipino workers who are actually employed by such entity, firm, partnership or corporation on a long-term basis in the Philippines

As though, I own my company, my 'interest' in the BPO is in engaging Filipino workers rather than being the employer. We will see, I think I'll have a crack.

Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Nick, I think you you will find that to Avail of the Visa you are after the Company would have to be Registered in the Philippines

8. Nick

Nick DI New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hi Jack, yes, I presumed that as well. But how can a Foreigner achieve that without already having a Philippines Visa? It would seem mute to me. Unless the business person had a branch of their company registered here. Or were a part owner, which is the 'interest' part. That makes sense. I'm sure you are right, unless there could be some dispensation for the reality is that I am employing these locals, and spending as much on the Filipino BPO.

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Not too sure any of us here are in the know enough to answer this but I would Suggest a visit or some communication with the DTI might be in order.
    Seems the Koreans have a way around it so I guess there is a way.

10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    • Informative Informative x 2