Dumaguete Info Search

SRRV Income Requirements

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Rye83, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Curious if interest payments, dividends, capital gains payments from private savings account or investment counts towards the required monthly income for the SRRV visas....or does it need to be a "proper" pension?

2. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Also if separate sources of income adds up to go towards the minimum monthly income requirements.

Example:
    $600 Military Disability
    $500 Interest from savings account
    $400 Dividends paid from investments.

3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    From their site you will need a "Certificate of Retirement Benefits, equivalent to or more than. US$1,500.00 issued by the concerned government and/or private entity" I cannot imagine them kicking up a fuss if you you have two or three "government and/or private entities" issuing certificates but it is my opinion that stocks or savings will not count unless they are registered as retirement plans. You would have to get a broker to give you a piece of paper with a monthly amount on it.

If it was me, I'd be hesitant to get those certificates as certain of my credit cards and line of credit require me to maintain a residence in Canada. So long as I show my face in the bank once every couple of years then they are happy. But if I asked for those certificates, for the purpose of residing in Philippines, I could easily lose those valuable tools.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    So, more than likely, something like a 401K is going to be fine but savings and privately owned stocks are not. I suppose that makes sense. Interest rates can change and stocks can stop paying out or tank.

The US banks/credit agencies don't require that I maintain a residence in the US. They could care less where I'm at as long as they have my money.....as it should be.

5. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Are you sure about that? I just picked one at random and got this result:

6. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I just copied this off of their site
    Special Resident Retiree's Visa (SRRV) | Embassy of the Philippines in the Nordics

Retirement Option and their Required Time Deposit

1. With Pension - 50 years old and above - the required time deposit is US$10,000.00 plus a monthly pension of US$800.00 for a single applicant and US$1,000 for couple.

2. Without Pension
    • 35 to 49 years old - US$50,000.00 time deposit
    • 50 years old and above - US$20,000.00 time deposit
    • Former Filipino Citizens (at least 35 years old, regardless of the number of dependents - US$1,500.00)
    • Ambassadors of Foreign Countries who served and retired in the Philippines, current and former staff members of international organizations including ADB (at least 50 years old) - US$1,500.00

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    :cautious: Random, huh? That is quite the coincidence you "randomly" picked the bank I bank with.

I guess I should have read the fine print. I wonder what an "investment account" is with them. Was that under their "Money Market" accounts terms of service? That military clause does not apply to me since I am not in the military. :wideyed:

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That's my question: what is considered a "pension" by Philippine law.

9. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    In looking at some information on the Philippines, it seems to be defined pretty much the same as it is in the US. Essentially, it's a guaranteed monthly payment from a private or government source. It may be a contributory or non-contributory plan. I didn't see anything about interest or dividends being included as they aren't guaranteed. An annuity might be an interesting way to meet the pension requirement.

• Like Like x 1