Dumaguete Info Search

Government & Education SSS and YOUR EMPLOYEES

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by grandpainak, Jan 3, 2017.

1. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    We retired here in 2010 and I intend to spend the days I have left, here. We have had employees for most of the time we have been here. I have been criticized for the way we have compensated them for their work and loyalty. Way to much I have been told and that we are contributing to inflation of the labor market. I do not believe that myself. I believe it results in an employee that wants to work for me and wants to continue to work for me.
    Who here is the reason for this post, SSS. SSS's "Contribution Schedule" form reflects that we the employer shell pay 736.70 per month and the employee shell pay 363.30 pre month. Here is where the confusion kicks in. On the SSS "Contributions Payment Form" we were instructed to fill it out reflecting that the employee paid only 10 pesos! That leads me to believe that they (SSS) is instructing me to lie on a government form. Where dose that leave the employer (me) if the employee years down the road brings a case because their pay was deducted at 363.30 pre month but the employer (me) claimed that they only paid 10 pesos a month.
    My old brain is getting real foggy. Hope someone here can help clear the fog.

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Is the question straight forward on the form? If so I would write the correct answer down and not give a d*mn what anyone working at the office wanted me to do. If they insisted I would suggest to speak to the guy in charge. If the guy in charge insisted I lie on the form I would take it to the city court/ombudsman and inform them of potential corruption and theft.

Chances are if you are paying money to SSS and they are only recording you paying 10 pesos then they are pocketing the money for themselves and screwing your employee out of benefits they are paying for.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Wife took it to the manager of SSS this morning and she was told that was what was to be entered in that slot on that form. That in turn prompted this tread. Sense than I have discovered that the 10 pesos is some sort of TAX but I an still not sure how is paying it and 10 pesos is of no concern. lying on a government form is a serous concern to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If it is a fee or tax on some form it should be very clearly worded that way.

5. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    Just thinking maybe the wage being entered as 10 pesos is just to get the account activated.
    The SSS office should give you a receipt for the actual amount that you hand them.
    Once you have an account number your employee (or maybe you) can always esquire about the deposits to the account.

My step daughter thought her employer was cheating her so she went to SSS and was able to verify her employer had done what they were supposed to do.

• Informative Informative x 1