Dumaguete Info Search

Star anise

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by osodelnorte, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    Hello People. It is I. You are batting 9/10 so far. Still waiting for Hexagon Solid Dumb Bells where in Dumaguete to buy but not the issue.

Star Anise. Cassia B ark. I am wanting to make my favorite Chinese dish, Hong Shao Rou or sometimes known as Red Cooked Pork. Wow. Yummmm!!! Problem is that here in Bayayawn, hehe, is that know one knows what Star Anise is... and I have never seen Cassia Bark, much less know where it is.

Soooooooooooooo... I would really appreciate if any of you chef's would know where I can get this wonderful but difficult to find items in Dumaguete or other PH cities, please share with me.

Also, if you don't know where to find the dumb bells ask you body building friends if they do... Then you would be 10/10

TY & GD.. LL

2. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Star anise, ever been to Lee Super Plaza Perdices St. (same display as the sesame seeds and Bulad, etc etc. opposite the fresh vegetables.)

Dumb bells haven't got a clue, have you tried their sports department?:rolleyes:

3. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    They have star anise in Robinson's Supermarket, in the little bins of beans, rice, etc next to produce. I just saw it there today. Couldn't remember the name of the other thing (cassia bark) you were looking for, so, I am not sure if they had that or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.