Dumaguete Info Search

State Dept Warning: Your ugly @ss at home, still ugly abroad

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by TheDude, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    The best way I have found to turn a "4" into a "10", is to buy a six-pack and consumer it quickly before viewing the "4". :o o:

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Gosh '4' you were lucky, I guess I was behind the door when they gave them out :roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Monty44

Monty44 DI Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    YES I AM AWARE OF THE EFFECT I HAVE ON FILIPINO'S ESPECIALLY KIDS AND YOUNG LADIES ALSO!! I DON'T GET THAT TREATMENT AT HOME EITHER, FOR I AM NORMAL OR AVERAGE AT HOME! BUT THE WAY I READ THE ORIGINAL COMMENT, IT MATTERS THAT WHAT YOU DID AT HOME, WILL FALLOW YOU HERE! IF YOU WERE A REAL SCREW UP OR CRIMINAL AT YOUR HOME; YOU WILL BE ONE HERE ALSO!! AND THAT RUBS PHILIPPINES'S THE WRONG WAY!!
    WHEN I FIRST GOT HERE, THERE WERE FOREIGNERS GETTING WACKED ALL OVER THE PLACE!! THEN NEXT WEEK THE TRUTH COME OUT!! HE BEAT UP HIS WIFE ONE TO MANY TIMES!! AND IT SEEMS EVERY LOCAL FAMILY KNOWS SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS SOMEBODY WITH A GUN, AND NOT AFRAID TO US IT FOR P10,000 !
    EITHER THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN ANYMORE OR COOLER HEADS ARE NOW COMING HERE!! DON'T HEAR OF ANY MORE KILLINGS!! ACCEPT DOWN AT THE BLVD BARS!!

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Case Converter - Your Handy FREE Online Tool
    I understand you have a reason for the all caps but would it be possible for you to bookmark the link above and first type your reply in there and hit the "Sentence Case" button and then copy the results here? (This is how I have been fixing all of your previous posts.)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Monty44

Monty44 DI Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    NO PROBLEM!! THAT IS IF I CAN TALK MY WIFE INTO DOING THAT FOR ME, BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, MAYBE SHE DOES!! THANK YOU !!

6. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Maybe just hit the button that says caps lock on the left side of your keyboard. We will still be able to read your posts. Caps lock online is generally understood as shouting. It usually doesn't bother me as I realize some people use it instead of a larger font size.

When you make a post, look above the text box. There will be an A with two small triangles to the right of it. I clicked on that and selected 7 to write this part so I could write in large font....without "shouting". I hope this helps.

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Please try, it's a very simple process that takes an extra 10 seconds and if you go to the link I provided it is painfully obvious how the site works. The only way a person couldn't figure it out is if they really didn't care enough to even try. All you have to do is:
    1. Go to the link I provided. Case Converter - Your Handy FREE Online Tool
    2. Type your post you are going to make here in the box at that website.
    3. Once you have finished click the 4th button under the text box.
    4. Copy that text and paste it here. (By highlighting all the text, right click, "Copy", then right click and "Paste" here.)
    5. Post as you normally would.
    That's it.

But if you can't figure that out just push and hold the Control (ctrl) button and then tap the + button that is just to the left of the backspace button. That will zoom and make everything on the screen larger. Once you set the zoom for DI the browser will remember the setting.
    Please, no. All caps and H3 sized text in the middle of the page both make my eyes bleed. :inpain: If I knew how to (easily) disable the larger text, different fonts and font color buttons in the editor I would. It's one of the main features that I wish Xenforo was capable of doing (IPB makes it extremely simple to do this from the admin panel). Hopefully it will be something coming in the XF 2.0 release. If I knew how they did the "Sentence Case" thing on that link I provided I would add it to the forum myself....unfortunately they are doing it with some sort of black magic (read: JavaScript) and not CSS. Making things all uppercase or all lowercase (along with making the first letter of every word uppercase) is simple with CSS.....the first word of every sentence just isn't possible with the text-transform property.

Off-topic, sorry.....but please, no more all caps.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Monty44

Monty44 DI Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    OK! I DID EXPLAIN TO SOMEONE ALONG TIME AGO, AND HE SAID HE WOULD MONITOR IT AND FIX IT IF NECESSARY!
    I WAS BLOWN UP IN VIET NAM AND HAVE SHRAPNEL IN MY EYES!! I CAN SEE DRIVING WITH CORRECTED SUN GLASSES! BUT COMPUTER GIVES ME HEADACHE QUICKLY!
    SOMEDAY MAYBE I WILL SPEND A FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS AND GET NEW EYES! BUT MY AWESOME WIFE LIKES THESE EYES JUST FINE!!
    I HOPE YOU ALL CAN UNDERSTAND? BUT I CAME TO THIS SITE THROUGH A FRIEND WHO HAS MOVED TO AN AREA WITH NO INTERNET ACCESS!! THANKS RICK M.

• Like Like x 1