Dumaguete Info Search

Sto Nino

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by RHB, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Went to the twin lakes last week and got rained on, too foggy for pictures there but stopped at Sto. Nino shrine to rest and take some pictures. Interesting stop on the way to the twin lakes. A miracle supposedly took place there in 1989. details on my blog, but here are the pics. Well worth the visit to absorb some local culture.

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Here is what the twin lakes looked like that day... what lake?

Attached Files:

3. mommyseksi

mommyseksi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    not much of a weather i see, but seems like u had a good time there..???:D
    where is sto nino located, by the way...
    and thanks for sharing...

4. tonyrems

tonyrems DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sto. Nino is located in the municipality of San Jose, Negros Oriental. It is approx. 15-20 mins. from Dumaguete City. Go North on the highway and turn left going up to the mountains on Km.12. The chapel is about 2 1/2 kms. from the highway.

The chapel is on a 2,000 sqm donated land and built by the Remollo family after the miraculous appearance of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The documented apparition was complete with dancing sun and all. The view of the Tanon strait and of the mountains in the back is awesome. (Go and visit so you can see and experience this for yourselves)

Go up another 15-20 mins. and you will be in the vicinity of the Twin Lakes of Balinsasayao and Danao.It has not yet been fully develop and its natural beauty is being preserved so that nature will not be disturbed.

There are very few houses in the area because these properties are estates, hence, no squatters. The climate is cool and dry unlike other mountainous areas that are cool and wet resulting to complaints of mildew, moss build up on almost everything, plus the thickly populated roads along the way.
    Some constructions are taking place and very soon a big national real/estate development corp is going to construct a 15 hectare residential area complete with clubhouse, etc.

This area is good for residence and investment. The plus factor aside from the location, view and the climate among other things is that the area of the chapel is only 15 mins. from the city and the Twin Lakes is just another 15-20mins away. A visit is a must to see and experience its beauty.

5. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    England scene

WOW, what a foggy day!... RHB, are you sure you're not in England taking photos? :smile::D ...But even with the fog, you capture the beautiful scenes, and the red chapel/church and the grotto are just beautiful. Anyway, thank you for sharing.

6. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    You certainly capture the mood and this gives an extra sense of beauty
    well done RHB...and well done Tonyrems for the added information
    regards to you all......JB

7. OP
    OP
    RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    A detailed report of Sto Nino is located on my blog. The miracle reported was a dancing sun. Some of the accompanying nuns said their crucifixs changed color as well, permanently. Whether you believe in miricles or not, it is a beautiful spot to stop on the way to the lakes.
    Their are plenty of small rural Nepa houses farther up, squatters or not, I don't know. It is a great day trip., and a great look at the "real" Philippines back country. If you are riding a motor bike plan on all day at a leisurly pace. their and back from Dumaguete, with time spent at the lake.

Dumaguete Philippines: Miracle at Sto. Nino

8. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I passed this church only does not catch me so much attention...(as it looks as any normal church)because I'm not a whorshiper of maria and sto. nino.

9. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    RHB...excellent set up and very informative many thanks john

10. rechel

rechel DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    thank you for sharing that picture,, its looks nice even at the lake its foggy. but the church its look clear and nice.. i never been there but at least even in a picture i saw it,, again thank you,,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.