Dumaguete Info Search

Strawberry plantation in dumaguete?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by wiNkz, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiNkz

wiNkz DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    a friend has told me that there is a strawberry plantation somewhere in dumaguete. am not quite sure if this is true..do you have any idea about this? is strawberry a booming business in dumaguete now?:smile:

2. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    The strawberry plantation is located in Valencia, a mountainous town next to Dumaguete .

3. ROQUETIBOR

ROQUETIBOR DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes, it is possible... Echir said it's in Valencia... That's good news! Strawberry is best cultivated in high elevation but plain and fertile... I should know it better because I've been to the Strawberry Plantation in La Trinidad, Benguet... Of course, I'm also a PRC Licensed Agriculturist... I finished my BSA at SU... He, he, he...

4. ROQUETIBOR

ROQUETIBOR DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I guest, this crop grows better in an organic mulch farm or garden.... When I was at Benguet State University [I enrolled in a graduate course but didn't continue it because I didn't like a very cold condition] in early 2000s, I grew it on a pot... I fertilized it using vermicaste I bought from a vermicomposting project of the university... Image your own strawberry in your house...

5. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Hallo.
    Have not been logging-in here for a while. I am an Aggies myself. Which year were you at Silliman?

Aggies-Agron '99,
    Whoopi

6. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    According to your previous post ROQUETIBOR, you were at the city 'during the 70's and late 80's...' so you must have graduated 10 years earlier than me.

Greetings from Holland,
    Josephen

7. OP
    OP
    wiNkz

wiNkz DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello everyone.. tenkz for your replies.. but do you happen to know where exactly in Valencia this strawberry plantation is located? and if you have contact persons there? will appreciate it very much. I am planning to write about it for our lifestyle blog.

8. nead

nead DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    definitely, strawberries are amongst the best selling fruit products in valencia nowadays.. when i used to visit there early this year, the municipality always give me a free boxfull of it with 50-60 pcs.. it is sold in Lee Super Plaza supermarket just for 60 pesos! pretty cheap thats why its best to buy it early morning since its a favorite and the stocks get down to zero by noon or early afternoon..

it is purely organic. no chemically prepared fertilizers applied!.. it is the only strawberry farm in visayas!!..

9. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    strawberries and cream.... mmmmmmm:smile:

10. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    winkz,

i'm not pretty sure of the exact location but these are the possible areas where you can visit, LUNGA, near PNOC area(PUHAGAN,CANTISO,TICALA,MALAUNAY), LIPTONG

and i suggest you go directly to valencia agriculturist office, which can be found at the back of its municipal hall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.