Dumaguete Info Search

How to Sub devision proper type for sale around Dumaguete.

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by pdeane_, Dec 3, 2018.

1. pdeane_

pdeane_ DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys,
    We are looking to buy a 3 bedroom house in a sub devision around Dumaguete but in the province.I would prefer it higher up for cleaner air and cooler.Are my expectations to high ,to find this sort of property in Negros?
    Thanks in anticipation.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #5 by Notmyrealname, Dec 4, 2018 (9 points)
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    "Dumaguete" doesn't have any land at higher elevation. You really didn't state any other real expectations (price/utilities/internet speed/neighbors/etc), so I guess just a "3 bedroom house" is pretty reasonable.

I'm sure the knobs that like having their rent increased will come and praise a certain municipality shortly. (Note: I was just informed that my rent was going up at the beginning of next year..."luckily" under the 7% mark set by RA 9653. Thanks guys. :meh:)

4. Kelly Acosta

Kelly Acosta DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    The town of Valencia--about 15 minutes away from downtown Dumaguete City could be an option. I think the town is 800 feet above sea level.

5. DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sub-division........dont be fooled by all the lovely brochures, it will be filipino standard (poorly constructed), will also be a lot smaller that you imagine, cannot pick your neighbours, will be drug-dens/havens in a few years time......especially if you are buying from the plans, its possible the area will never be completed, the roads left unfinished, no streetlights, no security guards, no boundary fences/walls..........thats all on the outside, give it a little time, then your doors an windows going to start to warp, and open by themselves, then the electric going to give you grief........and good good good luck trying to contact the builders to fix anything, they will be long gone

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Best Answer
    Not sure if you are new to the Philippines BUT consider renting before buying. You can test out an area you like, can find out if this city suits you and can compare renting v buying. I am VERY firmly in the camp of renting and that is not a financial need. Others will have strong opinions on buying and you do, of course, have your own mind to think with - but if you are new to the Philippines then do not make rash decisions, even if driven by another person's wants.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I am of the mind set to rent rather than buy. Been there done that as far as building is concerned. Have seen relationships almost ended over it, mine included. Nice to have a fall back residence to go to in case of emergency in Bacolod, but we prefer Dumaguete, visit Bacolod and family occasionally. Far enough away from relatives, we can get there easily, not so for them.

I say rent because you never know when it is going to hit the fan in any area here. Anything from what happened in Marawi (terrorist occupation and small war) to a natural disaster (volcano, earthquake, typhoon or just being flooded out one to many times). Renting makes it easier to relocate anytime without much loss of property (easily replaced).

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I would add to that very good list, the fact that if you buy and neighbours (or whole neighbourhood) turn out to be from Hell, you will find it very difficult to sell the house and may have to live there in torment.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. barryrio

barryrio DI Member

Ratings:
    +328 / 26
    Last post hit nail on head as property very easy to acquire but much much harder to sell!

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. OP
    OP
    pdeane_

pdeane_ DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Kelly, I will certainly look into that area.p

11. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Curious since your informed on RA 9653 if you know what the current max to be applicable is right now? When it was passed it only covered places 10k and under in urbanized areas but one would assume over the last 5 years there would have been increases to that. Curious what the current rate is.