Dumaguete Info Search

Subdivisions in Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by garbonzo, Dec 16, 2006.

1. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Obviously, we are thinking of moving there...Probably be there in June to have a serious look. Less diving...more looking...bugger...

My wife is mainly concerned with security...I'm mainly concerned with diving...so security will likely win...:confused:

Which are the better subdivisions in Dumaguete area? We'd like to get close to the coast...I may swing her towards Dauin or Zambo if I work hard at it and it looks secure enough. Noise is a factor too. I know good subdivisions don't have heaps of roosters and kareokes...but I do like the beach...is Dauin and Zambo reasonably quiet?

When the time comes, we may buy - we may rent...still weighing that up...but any info on actual locales there would be helpful. Thanks!

2. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    We were more concerned with the beach than sub divisions and security :smile: of course security was afactor, but after talking to our new neighour here I did not have any issues moving in here.

Our neighbour here is a german guy who has lived here around 20 years, and he has never had any problems, his house is very open, no doors or windows, and the fence around the property is like 3 feet tall and easy to scale.

He does have a couple of dogs in there, but for anybody serious enough to break in a couple of dogs should not be a big issue.

This place is super quiet on the beach side of the house, so I hear absolutely nothing from the roosters and stuff on the other side of the house, the ocean drowns out all the noise :smile:

Have a look at the website islandsproperties.com and also if you are in Dumaguete City, check the bulletin board in Why Not, they have always got a bunch of good houses on there.

3. OP
    OP
    garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Thanks for the info. I'm working on the wife and she's certainly swinging from Bohol to Dumaguete...that view from Mr. Danes back yard is helping! Much appreciated!

4. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    there are nice areas in valencia - its close to the south road to dauin and more forested and cooler

5. tonyrems

tonyrems DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello!

I'm coming in from the US on the last week of June and would be happy to meet you. I was born and raised in Dumaguete and have some knowledge and ideas about your needs and concerns. Hope to see you then...

6. Marky

Marky DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I was going to suggest the same thing, its cool, quiet and the South road is a 10 min drive straight to Bacong. :cool: