Dumaguete Info Search

suggest where I can buy the cheapest netbook! and preferably no OS.

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by simouny, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simouny

simouny DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :smile:

Looked at Octagon but seemed expensive.

2. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Ebay Philippines but be careful of online scammers out there....dont trust people who will ask you to sent the payment tru instant wire transfer or by bank...ask for paypal mode of payment for your protection and review his status and seller ratings on how good he is as a seller there...dont trust 1st time sellers....

3. ajayver

ajayver DI Member Showcase Reviewer

WordPress developer, Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Try Algorithm it is on Real street, on the left side if you go north.
    They have second hand laptops and i think new as well.

4. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2

Same goes for Sulit and Ayos Dito

5. clear copy

clear copy DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    saw an acer one 521 with pre installed linux selling for 13 thou plus at ace logic

6. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Paypal is crap and offer basically crap protection...

For the most part I would not give their "protection" any credit.

Example - I bought a 32GB MicroSD from a vendor in HongKong, I got it, the label read 32GB, but when I tested it with a memory card tester it turned out the card was 2GB.

This means it is formatted to 32GB, so if I put it in my camera I can shoot and shoot and shoot - but when I get home there will only be a few pictures. Imagine the problems you could have coming home from a holiday?

Anyways, back to Paypal's "protection" - I launched a complaint and wanted a refund given this was obviously a fraud product, the seller had already been banned from Ebay and there were a lot of reports on the scammer sites about his seller name by that time. I forwarded all this information plus links to Paypal and eventually they sided got back to me and said that I would have to have proof that I mailed the fraud product back to the seller before they could do anything. The seller was long gone and fedexing the SD card back to HongKong would cost just about as much or more than I paid for it so I let it go and let the scammer keep my money.

Another case of Paypal "protection" from myself also - I had another case where things went bad, I launched the complaint and lo and behold Paypal sided with me... but then said the sellers account is empty, we will do whatever we can to recover your money - never heard back after that...

So buyer beware with Paypal "protection"

7. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Octogon is a little more expensive, but in my opinion it's worth it. I like their employees at the Robinsons mall location.

8. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I've had good luck with PayPal. I sold two desktop computer sets to a guy in Makati and shipped them using LBC. He and/or his wife signed for all the boxes. 1 month later he disputed the charge with his credit card company. PayPal asked me for proof of delivery. I sent them links to my ad, pics of the items, a copy of my LBC shipping receipts, and screen shots of copies of his signature/his wife's signature on the LBC delivery receipt. PayPal put a hold on my account for 3 weeks, but sided with me and released all the funds. The guy was trying to pull a fast one, but PayPal came through for me!

Sellers take note! Documentation is the key! I also like LBC very much!

I've used PayPal for multiple sales and have had good luck with them. If you google PayPal you can read some of the horror stories, but I think they are the minority, as PayPal does millions of transactions a year! They are easy to get a hold of and talk to also if there ever is a problem.

I like them because I can sell items in the U.S. or the Philippines and can send the money for free to our bank account, which I have done many times.

9. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Whats nice with paypal is that when you pay the item using paypal and dissatisfied with the item, you can always get your money back from the sender of the item, paypal hold the money for 5 days, so you got more time to get back the money before the 5 days on hold, then you're safe.

10. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    DigitalOne (just a door or two down from Jollibee at Lee Plaza) often has sales/promotions going on, and I purchased a netbook from there about a year ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.