Dumaguete Info Search

Sundown Restobar, Dumaguete City.

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Guy, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy

Guy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just thought some of you might not know about the Sundown Restobar, which is situated across the junction from Robinson'a mall, next door to the Caltex gas station. It is an excellent little restaurant serving a mix of local and western food at very reasonable prices, beer is also cheap. Quite often on a Friday and Saturday night they have acoustics, either a local DJ spinning a record, (or whatever they call the equivalent these days :smile: ), or a local band playing normally easy listening music. The staff are friendly and the service good. I normally go there at opening time, about 5pm, for my evening meal, and just thought it might be nice to see some more ex pats there.

Attached Files:

2. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I noticed that place some time (1 or 2 weeks ?) ago when seeing a foreigner there drinking a beer.
    I apreciate any initiative for starting a new bar and hope the owners will get their customers.
    Honestly speaking however (and maybe that is NOT the same for all of 'us' foreigners), I don't find it the ideal place to have my beer and look around.
    Gasoline stations are a necessity but if not needing fuel for my car/motorbike I won't stand near to a gasoline station.
    So surely not drinking or dining.
    But I honestly don't want to discourage them and hope they will mak it.
    I simply have to be honest to myself as well.

3. OP
    OP
    Guy

Guy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    hi jellyfish, thanks for your comments, but as they say, 'each to his/her own'. Personally, it doesn't bother me at all, I like it there, and I just thought I would bring it to others attention! The 'foreigner' you saw was probably me. It has actually been open since April. I wasn't trying to drum up business for them, more to try and get other ex pats to frequent the place.

Once again, thanks.

Phil.

4. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I've noticed that place too. How's the food there?

5. OP
    OP
    Guy

Guy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    For me, the food is excellent, and very good value for money. They do a really nice pork or chicken cordon bleu, with rice and salad, or you can have it with fries. I have attached a copy of their menu as it was a couple of weeks ago, they have changed the layout now, but generally it gives you an idea of the food they serve and approximate costs.

Attached Files:

6. flobenz

flobenz DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My friends and I go restaurant hopping every week. We are not expats, but I'll make sure we check this place out. I noticed this last week while refueling at the station beside it and didn't think too much of it, but it looks great in the pictures! Thanks for the heads up. Good to know their food is good. :smile:

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    well, been there a few times, but only after 10 pm.

Big benefit ... ice-cold SMB for 25 peso.

during daytime it is pretty stinky with a mix of the smoke of Dumaguetes most busiest crossing and gasoline fumes. The food basically nothing I would ever order sober by any chance, but ok as a drunk-late-night-pika.

Big benefit late night.. ice-cold SMB for 25 peso. Friday life-music not too loud, compared to other places, but also not top notch compared to other places. chairs too small for Rhoody-size lubot.

did I mention ... Big benefit ... ice-cold SMB for 25 peso and at least an option where to go once in a while :smile: and a nice addition to Dumaguete

wrote a longer report a few weeks ago:
    Local Hangouts - Sundown Restobar in Dumaguete | Dive-Monster Rhoody

8. OP
    OP
    Guy

Guy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi Rhoody, just wondered how can you comment on food you have never ordered, or food you have only ordered drunk? Makes me wonder what sort of food you eat, but then being German, how about bratwurst und kartofelnsalad?

Prosit ;o))

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    just wonder where spammers know what I eat on my visits there.

well, as you know so much about me I am sure you know what food I eat.

anyway, the good thing is how the replies of that kind of spam speak for themselves. :wink:

10. OP
    OP
    Guy

Guy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Btw Rhoody, the night you based your report on, I was also there. Check the photo of the two waitresses, I am sat at the bar in the background, although I haven't a clue what you looked like, I was also three sheets to wind waiting for the rain to stop, although I do remember the photo being taken!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.